hvac control panel

Triguie_2000_GLS

Reaction score
Just put a new ignition switch in my 99 Intrigue and it fixed the climate control system that used to go on and off. It also fixed the cruise control, rear defrost and stopped compass and headlights from flickering.
The ignition switch replacement post on this Intrigue forum by LittleHoov was EXCELLENT. Thank you very much !

I had a similar issue, and eventually it got so bad that my car wouldn't even start.

Sparky131

Reaction score
HVAC Control Panel works great and has not failed since new ignition switch replaced,good luck
This is the answer to HVAC control problems. New ignition cost estimates from the dealer for me in 2017 was just above $750.00. My 2000 Intrigue has 243,000 miles, only paid $700.00 purchase price for the car. It's not worth the cost to replace the ignition. I found a work around. I added a toggle switch and inline fuse to the console harness. Pin C5 brown wire on the HVAC wiring harness is the 12 volt fused voltage source from the ignition. Pin C12 is an 12 volt source direct from battery Orange wire. First I spliced into C12 to feed the the new inline fuse. From that fuse I fed a new toggle switch (mounted in the dash) which in turn is spliced to C5 of the harness. I capped off the C5 brown wire coming from the ignition. All systems work without fail. The only con is if you forget to turn off the toggle you will have a dead battery by morning. I hope this helps and as one person early stated It was one of the hardest trouble shoots I have ever encountered. I bought this Ebook manual for $24.95 I provided the link here 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Workshop Service Repair Manual. This manual has very detailed easy to read diagrams of the harness. The toggle and inline fuse I had on hand but the cost of those is nominal. I live in Michigan and a car without heat is a death knell. I drive beaters and fix beaters this work around will keep this car on the road for another year. HAPPY WRENCHING!