77 442

tjensen78

Reaction score
man, i wish i still had that car.....i would have given it to you..i have a guy here in tooele, UT with a bunch of oldsmobiles, i will try to hook you up :blink:

Yogi442

Reaction score
Originally posted by tjensen78@Jun 21 2005, 07:19 PM
man, i wish i still had that car.....i would have given it to you..i have a guy here in tooele, UT with a bunch of oldsmobiles, i will try to hook you up :blink:
[snapback]8799[/snapback]​
We had a guy here a few years ago with about 150 olds Cutlass', H/O's and 442's from 60's & 70's. I was told he located to Utah somewhere. I am curious, that may be the same guy.

tjensen78

Reaction score
Originally posted by Yogi442+Jun 21 2005, 06:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yogi442 @ Jun 21 2005, 06:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tjensen78@Jun 21 2005, 07:19 PM
We had a guy here a few years ago with about 150 olds Cutlass', H/O's and 442's from 60's & 70's. I was told he located to Utah somewhere. I am curious, that may be the same guy.
[snapback]8800[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

it could be, i only know him through my cousin, who is his neighbor, the guy has to get rid of his cars, divorce or death, one of 'em...all i know is its 99% olds. i'll get in touch with my cousin, and see if i can hook the guy up, least i could do for his service in iraq, ya know?

Yogi442

Reaction score
Originally posted by allpro1975+Jun 21 2005, 09:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allpro1975 @ Jun 21 2005, 09:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Yogi442@Jun 21 2005, 08:12 AM
Texas?. damn that's where my ex wife was born and raised. She was from Garland just outside of Dallas. She moved to Austin about a year ago. Working for Dell Computers.
[snapback]8772[/snapback]​
I'm from Arlington, just outside of FT. Worth. I'm originally from Missouri, Which is where the car still is. I'm just trying to get things together so I can get back on the project when I get back.

My wife called Frank, he wants 850 for the front end, complete. I'm also following a lead from two other sources on a parts finder. one is sending me a picture and wants 100 for one. We'll see how it all goes. Thanks again for everything, I think this forum could greatly improve my chances of finding parts and getting information.
[snapback]8776[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
here is another possibility. Have your wife call this guy in Indiana.....

tryRon Memmer in Monticello Indiana, 574 583 9763. Work by himself, keep trying.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jun 21, 2005 5:07 PM
To: dj442c@ix.netcom.com
Subject: 1977 Olds 442 cowling and grills.

Do you folks carry something like this or any idea where they can be found.

I am looking on behalf of a serviceman currently stationed in Iraq and helping his wife try to locate before he returns. He really wants to restore the car but was not able to locate these parts before leaving.

Thanks,

Yogi442

Reaction score
Originally posted by tjensen78@Jun 21 2005, 07:19 PM
can you check to see if he has any 1966 cutlass or 442 parts. Interested in the rear tail light assemblies chrome and lens..also, if there is a 66 442, if he has all the side chrome trim pieces.

thanks, Yogi

tjensen78

Reaction score
Originally posted by Yogi442+Jun 22 2005, 11:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yogi442 @ Jun 22 2005, 11:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tjensen78@Jun 21 2005, 07:19 PM
can you check to see if he has any 1966 cutlass or 442 parts. Interested in the rear tail light assemblies chrome and lens..also, if there is a 66 442, if he has all the side chrome trim pieces.

thanks, Yogi
[snapback]8828[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I sure will! :blink:

allpro1975

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I would just like to thank you for the support!
I am a mechanic by trade and I thought that price was a little steep myself, thank-you Yogi for your dedication to the preservation of the american way. Now I don't know who would have been worse, him for pricing that high, or me for buying it for that price. LOL Thanks again! I will use the new info and keep following up. One of my other leads ran dry as it was a cutlass supreme, still waiting on a pic from the other. I really appreciate the help guys! :D

Yogi442

Reaction score
Originally posted by allpro1975@Jun 23 2005, 11:13 AM
I am a mechanic by trade and I thought that price was a little steep myself, thank-you Yogi for your dedication to the preservation of the american way. Now I don't know who would have been worse, him for pricing that high, or me for buying it for that price. LOL Thanks again! I will use the new info and keep following up. One of my other leads ran dry as it was a cutlass supreme, still waiting on a pic from the other. I really appreciate the help guys! :D
[snapback]8881[/snapback]​
odd, I came across a 76 Cutlass for $150.00 complete. Timing belt went out and guys just wants car gone. In good shape and has the stock angled nose, same as the 442 for 76 & 77. It was also on one of the Cutlass models.
Too bad you don't need a spare car.
Anyway, I am not done with the search or the idiot in OK. We have been going back and forth for past couple of days. I finally had enough and explained that obviously his re-torts were so lame that either there was too much in breeding in his family or that he need to keep his mouth shut since it is one thing to be thought a fool, another to open your mouth and prove it. It must have worked. He has not responded.....
Grateful I guess, I don't think he would want me one on one in person. Us former professional bouncer mountain boys don't cotton to well to ignorant idiots.

allpro1975

Reaction score
Originally posted by Yogi442+Jun 23 2005, 11:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yogi442 @ Jun 23 2005, 11:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-allpro1975@Jun 23 2005, 11:13 AM
[snapback]8881[/snapback]​
odd, I came across a 76 Cutlass for $150.00 complete. Timing belt went out and guys just wants car gone. In good shape and has the stock angled nose, same as the 442 for 76 & 77. It was also on one of the Cutlass models.
Too bad you don't need a spare car.
Anyway, I am not done with the search or the idiot in OK. We have been going back and forth for past couple of days. I finally had enough and explained that obviously his re-torts were so lame that either there was too much in breeding in his family or that he need to keep his mouth shut since it is one thing to be thought a fool, another to open your mouth and prove it. It must have worked. He has not responded.....
Grateful I guess, I don't think he would want me one on one in person. Us former professional bouncer mountain boys don't cotton to well to ignorant idiots.
[snapback]8884[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Wher is that car located? might be a potential parts car, if it's in decent shape, could be just what i need.

allpro1975

Reaction score
Originally posted by tjensen78+Jun 21 2005, 07:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tjensen78 @ Jun 21 2005, 07:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Yogi442@Jun 21 2005, 06:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-tjensen78
@Jun 21 2005, 07:19 PM

[snapback]8800[/snapback]​

it could be, i only know him through my cousin, who is his neighbor, the guy has to get rid of his cars, divorce or death, one of 'em...all i know is its 99% olds. i'll get in touch with my cousin, and see if i can hook the guy up, least i could do for his service in iraq, ya know?
[snapback]8803[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Thanks t, I really would appreciate any help. I wish I knew more parts handlers but I just moved to Texas not too long ago and just don't really know where the parts are. But I'll try to hook someone up with some info or leads on equip if I can.

allpro1975

Reaction score
[attachmentid=166]ha, ha ! check this out!
This is what I keep getting from junk yards. I don't think they really know what a 442 looks like. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not in the junkyard business anymore lol. Oh well, I'll keep trying, there's gotta be something out there somewhere.

Yogi442

Reaction score
Originally posted by allpro1975@Jun 26 2005, 11:33 AM
[attachmentid=166]ha, ha ! check this out!
This is what I keep getting from junk yards. I don't think they really know what a 442 looks like. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not in the junkyard business anymore lol. Oh well, I'll keep trying, there's gotta be something out there somewhere.
[snapback]9046[/snapback]​
Yeah I know what you are talking about. Check out the guy on post's for 68 442.
He may have what you are looking for. says he has some parts but not sure if 70's models. Keep in mind there was a 76 & 77 Cutlass model that did come stock with the same front nose cowling design as the 442 for those years. Only difference is grill pattern. I just cannot remember what Cutlass model. I do know that the 76 that was out here for sale had the 442 nose with Cutlass grills and guy only wanted $150.00 for complete car but next day it was gone.

allpro1975

Reaction score
it may have been the cutlass S yogi. I think it had the same body style in 76 or 77 but I'm not sure. there are all kinds of subtle differences in the 77 that make it unique. Why do I have to have the difficult cars? LOL

allpro1975

Reaction score
I had my brother send me some pics of my car. It really has deteriorated since I saw it last. Oh well, it still has potential!

allpro1975

Reaction score
I had my brother send me some pics of my car. It really has deteriorated since I saw it last. Oh well, it still has potential! Oh and by the way Yogi, I think you've got the greater challenge with the 66'. LOL

Yogi442

Reaction score
well with yours, get the DA sander out and need to get started. Also, get a car cover asap.....lol

allpro1975

Reaction score
Originally posted by Yogi442@Jun 28 2005, 07:46 AM
well with yours, get the DA sander out and need to get started. Also, get a car cover asap.....lol
[snapback]9157[/snapback]​
I agree, I did sand and primer it once before (about 10 years ago) but it has since worn off. Couldn't afford the body work and paint. I need to get it to north Texas out of the humidity of northern Missouri. The top was never reprimered, I ran out, the rear deck lid was off of a 77 supreme,and the front bumper and cowl were off of a 78. don't know where the header came from but the grills are pretty ate up. I don't even install them anymore. It'll be a job. I wish I would have put more into it sooner. I really love the car!

Yogi442

Reaction score
hindsight, we should all be so lucky. But at least now you know what to avoid in the future. As it goes, if you do it right the first time you will not spend twice as much time fixing it later. lol