• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Oldsmobile owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

where is the manual off button for traction control on an olds alero?

Billy Bob

Reaction score
My mom's light comes on but I do not know how to turn the control on and off to see if she accidentally turned it off

Ratchet0559

Reaction score
There should be an "ETS" Button or a "Trac Off" button to the rear of your shifter... but if the light is on due to a faulty speed sensor/wheel hub assembly (SVS, Anti-Lock, and Trac off lights will be illuminated) then it will not shut the light off.

deck60

Reaction score
can the sensor be replaced with out changing the whole hub assembly

G

G-654944

what year is it? the button should be down by the shifter.
I have a 2003 and when I gun it, often, front tires shake like abs or something. I assume it's traction control. Never had a car where I couldn't turn it off before. All other care have a switch and that shht just stays off. Unless i lend my car out ill switch it back on. Cause I'd rather burn rubber tbh. Beater car and modding tf outta it. 3.4 if that helps. Thanks in advance. How do I disable traction control?? Fuse panel is basic and dumb and I prolly still missed the fuse. No owners manual. Thanks again