What make/model parts are interchangeable with intrigues?

z99intrigue

Reaction score
I would like to know what other makes and models have parts that are interchangeable with our intrigues. Specifically, I have a 1999 gls with the 3.5 in it. Thanks for any help.

swagled

Reaction score
Depends on what you're hunting for and how compaible you want it to be. Some of the interior trim can be found on other 1990s Oldsmobiles before the Alero/Intrigue/Aurora era.

The suspension components are usual W body fare, largely interchangible with 2nd gen Luminas, with the Grand Prix, Buick Century.

The 3.5L engine is unusual but it's in some later model Auroras too.

There are parts that work, but look a little odd, such as the round hazard switch from the Alero.

MA_Olds_Fan

Reaction score
almost any w-body will match up for suspension and brakes.

they also include the Monte Carlo's, Grand Prix, Bonneville's, GTPs

the brakes can also come from camaros, vettes, Gxp's, and transams,

that's about it for cross-compatibility except for interior components.

505_pike

Reaction score
There is really nothing that interchanges as far as motor is concerned.
Like it's been said suspension parts from other w-body cars interchange. You can install the GMPP handling package even though the Intrigue isn't listed. Strut tower braces for a Buick Regal from GMPP will work, as well as any w-car STB.
The trans will also take any upgrade other w-cars can have.
When I say w-car I'm referring to 03-down. Newer 04+ w-cars have different lower control arms, however I think that's one of the main differences.
Some good places for w-cars
wbodystore.com
zzperformance.com
http://arrautmotorsports.com/grand-prix/
Very, very little can be done in the motor department. I've found the Grand Prix forums have great deals on suspension parts, brakes, and wheels that work with our Intrigue's.

MA_Olds_Fan

Reaction score
There is really nothing that interchanges as far as motor is concerned.

The trans will also take any upgrade other w-cars can have.
Are you talking about the HD upgrade? Seems there's lot of work involved with that and going full bore on that probably equal to the car's worth alone.

not saying it wouldn't be nice, but with a NA 3.5 kinda overkill unless your brutal on the acceleration etc, or drive in the lower gears.

Triguie_2000_GLS

Reaction score
almost any w-body will match up for suspension and brakes.

they also include the Monte Carlo's, Grand Prix, Bonneville's, GTPs

the brakes can also come from camaros, vettes, Gxp's, and transams,

that's about it for cross-compatibility except for interior components.
I'll also add the 99-05 Impala's can be used for brake and rotor swapping.

505_pike

Reaction score
Are you talking about the HD upgrade? Seems there's lot of work involved with that and going full bore on that probably equal to the car's worth alone.

not saying it wouldn't be nice, but with a NA 3.5 kinda overkill unless your brutal on the acceleration etc, or drive in the lower gears.
Yeah the HD upgrade, it's no too bad of a job from the tutorials I've read, and there's a few for $200. Granted it would pretty much be overkill for a 3.5l, but would offer some peace of mind.
You can also throw in a shift kit. I've read nothing but good things about the Transgo. Makes downshifts faster, and shifts in general quicker. Also helps its lifespan. Upgrade to Dexron V...lol I guess there really isn't much for the 4t65-e...

MA_Olds_Fan

Reaction score
Yeah the HD upgrade, it's no too bad of a job from the tutorials I've read, and there's a few for $200. Granted it would pretty much be overkill for a 3.5l, but would offer some peace of mind.
You can also throw in a shift kit. I've read nothing but good things about the Transgo. Makes downshifts faster, and shifts in general quicker. Also helps its lifespan. Upgrade to Dexron V...lol I guess there really isn't much for the 4t65-e...
$200? where they be at? ZZP has one almost $450, and same at Wbodystore

Last edited:

505_pike

Reaction score
Check out the GP forums. I've gotten so many parts off them that are just waiting for good weather. Found some 18x8.5 Zenetti Stella's-all four shipped for $300. When I looked them up online there's a place selling them for $400 a piece.
Also found some SSC drop springs for $150, and a Transgo shift kit and filter never even opened for $40....lots of deals on the Grand Prix forums.

Reaction score
I have pulled parts for my Intrigue from similar year Buick Regal, Grand Prix, Impala, Monte Carlo, and even (a front engine mount from) a 1999 Cadillac Eldorado.

You should find the "parts interchange" option at the Pull-a-Part website useful for 90 % of the parts you may need. Please don't take this site as the final word in what can be swapped between any two different model vehicles as it did not list the Cadillac as an option for the mount. Nonetheless, it is a good starting point.

http://www.pullapart.com/parts/parts-interchange.aspx

Your local GM parts department could be very helpful as well, especially in person. Asking them for help will go over better if you have your Intrigue part numbers and diagrams at the ready.

RalphP2

Reaction score
One other thing - check the RockAuto list. Find a part, check what else it fits. Do be aware that it may say:

1999 Chevrolet (Monte Carlo)

The parenthesis says that SOME Monte Carlos use the same, or an interchangeable, part.

Also, no list is 100% graven in stone and handed down by $DEITY ... they ALL have errors (all lists in total, not all interchanges!)

Plus there will be some fits/n/works that just do not show up - such as Grand Prix wheels on an Intrigue, for instance (if they fit, dunno, dunno if not.) That's because the style is different.

Other crosses won't show up (front seats) due to styling and trim variances. For instance, when I had a Skylark, the Cimmeron leather seats didn't show up as a cross, but they bolted straight in. And felt WONDERFUL compared to the cloth seats in the Skylark ...

RwP

G

G-649390

Is there any model that is intercangeable with a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Radiator
The grand prix supercharged radiator with 1" core and 5 plate transmission cooler is a drop in. I put it in my 99 3.8l.

I also am using the 2000 to 2004 coolant overflow bottle on passenger side engine bay. And changed a few other items in engine bay.