Transfer Case Control Modules


New member
Dec 8, 2018
Reaction score
I have searched up and down on the internet about replacing the transfer case control module on my 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada. From what I can gather, the part number for the module is Gm p/n 12590220. This module appears to be used on a number of other models, Chevy Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, ETC.
I have read posts that say you can exchange these modules out of other vehicles and they will work but I am not buying that since the Chevy has a selector switch for 4 wheel drive and the Bravada is allwheel drive. It appears to me that the answer is going to the dealer and have it reprogrammed for your vehicle.
Can you pull the module out and take it to the dealer or do they have to have it in the vehicle. I don't understand why GM makes everything so cryptic. There manuals are so vague and written like one size fits all which is not true.
Since Oldsmobile is not being built anymore, I am a bit confused on what to do.
Most of these JustAnswer guys are a waste of time.

Anyone have some good accurate information?