Touring Sedan L67 Swap

Reaction score
MBdieselFREAK its been a while since you have posted, I was just looking at the pictures of your cold air intake to see how I am going to do mine. How is that sweet TS of yours? The guys on this forum have been a BIG help. Rocketguy is my Hero for sure. He has been my parts and knowledge guru and I owe him Big Time.:D Hopefully I can return the favors sometime..
Mark

Reaction score
I finally uploaded the photos from my old I-Phone so I could post them hear and give an update on the L67-TS. Whenever I get a break from the Nuthouse (Home) and the Insane Asylum (Shop) I try to go out to my garage to gather my thoughts and get something done on the car. And yes I do Lock the door behind me and turn off my phone so I can get things done. The exhaust is just about done. I have to send the exhaust tips out to be powder coated and finally make the exhaust hangers on the muffler. I am going to add 2 more hangers to the rest of the exhaust syatem and tuck it up closer to the chassis. Rocketguy I did not forget about the switches. I will try to remember to unbury them from my desk and get them sent out to you this weekend. My favorite Hemorrhoid going away this weekend so I will have some extra time on my hands… I’m not gonna know how to act…. This could be trouble…:)
Mark

Rocketguy

Reaction score
What a coincidence: I have an asylum, a nuthouse, and a sanctuary too.

I hope all is well at the nuthouse.

You sure do some nice work on the coolest TS I know of.

What tips are you using?

In MI a car has to be 25 years old to be a classic. What is the law in PA?

Reaction score
Only way that could look better is to have double tips on each side...
amcnut do mean the 2 round tips next to each other on each side? I think the 99 GTP in our yard has them tips on it... I guess I will grab my saw and go out and hack one off to see what it looks like.

Rocketguy hear is a copy n paste from the pa website... Well at least I have the appearance part anyway.:D:D

Classic Motor Vehicle
A motor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured at least 15 years prior to the current year which has been maintained in or restored to a condition which is substantially in conformity with manufacturer specifications and appearance.

Reaction score
I am going to make the tips about 3/8" narrower to keep them from turing into one very annoying rattle:mad: and then the
exhaust will be finished. The dual round tips were too wide for the opening. They would have looked great...
Mark

Reaction score
Outstanding!
Rocketguy check your PM, I'm not sure if it is full and you did not get my message... It's 4:AM Monday Morning and I'm getting ready to go to the Nuthouse (AKA-Work) for another 15 hour day. It's not a job, It's an adventure:D
Mark

BTW, These Freakin AD's that they plaster all over the forum even after you log in are REALLY Starting to annoy the hell out of me

Last edited:

amcnut

Reaction score
I'm finding myself confronted with a leaky power steering hose and my car has the ridiculously long loop that I'd like to replace with the more compact cooler. Have you any idea when they started using that second design cooler, and on what models?
thanks

It is coming together nicely!

Remember they used two different PS coolers on these cars, a first and a second design. The first one was just a crappy long loop prone to rust. The second was much better and will work great for your swap. Here are the two together:

Here is a pic of the second design (the good one) mounted:

Rocketguy

Reaction score
Good Question

I do not know what date they made the production change. It may have also been according to what assembly plant a car came from.

I have seen a few '90 H bodies with the second design but never a '90 C body.

All of the '91 C and H bodies I have seen have the second design.

If you are ever dealing with an engine change the 2nd design is much easier to deal with. If you desire to use one on a driver in the rust belt they are much more prone to failure due to corrosion.

Converting from the first to second design is easy, just remember the heat shields are unique as well.

amcnut

Reaction score
I found one of these PS coolers this weekend on a 91 Lesabre at the local Pull a Part yard. Although caked in grease it looks as if it will clean up well. I will have to replace the leaky hoses, though. And, I did grab the heat shield beneath the exhaust pipe.

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming...

I do not know what date they made the production change. It may have also been according to what assembly plant a car came from.

I have seen a few '90 H bodies with the second design but never a '90 C body.

All of the '91 C and H bodies I have seen have the second design.

If you are ever dealing with an engine change the 2nd design is much easier to deal with. If you desire to use one on a driver in the rust belt they are much more prone to failure due to corrosion.

Converting from the first to second design is easy, just remember the heat shields are unique as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 4 days off from the nut house so I am hiding in the garage. It turns out the Trans controller I had was wrong for my car. The person I brought that controller from told me it would work and boy he was wrong, it was nothing but a problem so I contacted Powertrain Control Solutions (PCS) before pulling the Trans and I’m glad I did. They told me that the controller I had would not work and that they had a controller that would so they sent me a harness and controller along with a baseline calibration setting to get me started. Then it’s just a matter of driving the car and tweaking the shift firmness and RPM settings that I’m comfortable with. Let the fun begin…

Last edited: