Strange Request: Oldsmobile Jingle Recording

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Hello, This may sound extremely weird, but I've been trying to find a recording of the Oldsmobile jingle "there is a special feel in an oldsmobile" for YEARS! When I was very young (6yrs old) my brother (4yrs) and I made a home movie of us doing a few skits and goofing around. One of the things we did was lipsync to a couple of songs from the Oldsmobile complimentary cassette tape that came with our new car. The only song my 4 year old brother could handle was the oldsmobile jingle. It was such a catchy tune that I can still hear it clear as crystal in my head 20+ years later and I still have it memorized. Needless to say, this song has been a family memory my whole life, as this cassette was one of the only things we had to listen to growing up. Some of the fondest memories i have as a child are taking trips in our oldsmobile listening to that tape.
Anyway, he is now 25, I'm 27 and we wanted to do something really special for our parents' anniversary. We're going to make a video montage for them and for one part of it we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE that song.
I know this is truly a long shot but if you throw enough long shots, you'll eventually score. So, if any of you Oldsmobile enthusiast or any others that you know has access to this song, I DESPARATELY need a digital (mp3) recording of it, or a point in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I thank you for your time.
Trent White
Fort Worth, Texas

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Staff member
Reaction score
I have it. I have it on cassette and on video. I do not know how to transfer it to digital form.I went to the site I watch videos and discovered the equipment you need to upload videos. I do not have any of that right now. I love technology and I have a lot of it. There are a few things I would like to learn. The one you are referring to is from 1984-1985.

Gus Edwards

Reaction score
To Trent White in Fort Worth

While I do not have a copy of the jingle you requested, I can certainly relate to how any Oldsmobile commercial could be inspiring and motivating. I grew up in Comanche TX (100 mi. W. of Ft. Worth) in the '50s and '60s before coming to Austin in 1964; I especially appreciated the jingle 'Get Out of the Ordinary and Into an OLDS! Since I could never be ordinary or conform to much of anything, besides being an advocate of space travel before anything that I know of was ever sent into outer space, it always seemed to me that the Oldsmobile commercials, which I watched on TV faithfully, were always on my side! - Gus Edwards/Cheryl B. Montoya:)

musicbymuzak

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I had to join and revive it simply for the fact that I found 3 instrumental cuts (2 one minute, and one 30 second) plus one 30 second upbeat version of the "Special Feel" theme from a unplayed-until-yesterday 1984 dealer music reel. I'm going to upload them to youtube soon :) I agree completely with Gus that the themes are motivating, lol. I've always loved the "Special Feel" jingle, there is one instrumental cut that has an electric guitar in the background and it made me want to march right out and buy an Olds right that minute, haha!

musicbymuzak

Reaction score
Videos posted on youtube. Searching by "fujifrontier" my username, and browsing my vids, or searching (1985 Oldsmobile "Special Feel") should yield ya clips you've never heard :D

mthibeaux

Reaction score
Hi,

This is Max. Could you please tell me do you have someone who has all the music reels for all the versions or cues of the Oldsmobile "Special Feel" theme from 1983-86? Thanks!

Max