• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Oldsmobile owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Side view mirror w

Papafreddiep

Reaction score
Someone knocked my drivers side mirror off. It’s not damaged but the springs came loose.
How do I reattach them . 2001 Alero GL

ZZYZZX

Reaction score
You probably have a broken piece of plastic there. The first time I had this happen, I went to the JY and took apart another side mirror and replaced just the plastic piece (really the black mounting part). It's not an exact fit, but you have to know where to look to see that. The second time I just repaired the piece of plastic. By repair, I mean I got a screw the appropriate size and drilled a hole into the remaining plastic piece. So I repaired the mount by substituting a metal piece for the broken plastic.

If I had to do it all over again, I might just by a pair of aftermarket side mirrors in black, and not get them painted.