Right or wrong motor?

paul schmitz

Reaction score
Thank you for any help. I have bought a 2002 4.6 Northstar motor. After buying said motor I was told I can not use this motor in my 1995 Aurora. Too many changes made over the years. It is a "Y" code in the vin. Help!

paul schmitz

Reaction score
I am a new member.

Having never been a member of any type of forum before please bear with me. I have owned several '66 and '67 Cutlass's before and '69 and '66 Toronados. My project is now a '95 Aurora with the Autobahn package. Head gasket blown. Having only once replacing a head gasket on a dohc motor it might be for me easier to change motors. I am 60 and have done a lot of swaps but this is going to be the most difficult. I am also pre-computer controlled engines.

oldsag

Reaction score
Hello. I don't now i'f your project of 95 aurora is ending.The V8 aurora 2002 motor are L47 4.0 Norsthar. The L47 motor are oldsmobile version of the northstar. I don't now the vin or code. The olds aurora (Canadian Models) have this motor, i don't now if usa model have the same thing. I believe the both cars (usa and canadian model) have the same mechanic. The v8 motor have are 4-speed 4T80-E automatic. I have a oldsmobile aurora 2002 from only few month (sept 2019). My cars have LX5 V6 3.5 Shortstar. I's new for me(Northstar). I search info for my car, too. I don't no if my info can help you. Good luck for your project. Northstar is not a v8 rocket. I have a olds 1964 V8 394cid since 2001. I'm not make mecanic but i make little bit servicing on my cars.