Power windows

307-5a

Roy Ale
Reaction score
I seem to always be having some sort of issue with power windows. i have a 4 door car . Is it worth it to keep fixing them ? Has anyone on this forum removed the power windows from a car about my age and installed manual crank windows ? is it even an option to have crank windows now for my car ? what would you do ?

Attachments

307-5a

Roy Ale
Reaction score
my power windows now work . maybe share some ideas . i think the end of power widows for me would be if there was a major issue with the P. W . wiring harness that goes to the drivers door. should be able to replace everything else . you need to take your regulator track and motor out , to remove the tape , clean the track and tape , then lube with a dry lube . my car the track was lubed with oil or grease . Dust gets inside the door sticks to the tape , slows the tape down then the drive gear chews up the regulator tape or the motor burns out. You can prevent this and window will go up faster . Front door regulator tape is long , had some damage to tape holes so end for ended the tape. Back door tape is shorter so cut one of the front door tapes . Its easy to break the little guide block clip so have some of those . Rubber door stops to keep window up . Marine Sail kote lube works well .

Attachments

307-5a

Roy Ale
Reaction score
Electrical issue ? how do you determine if the problem with your power windows is electrical ? to prove that all the switches are good and no issues with wiring . I unplugged the wiring connection from the power window motor, plugged it into a power door lock , same wiring connection ! proved everything is good up to the motor wiring connection .

Attachments