Parasitic Drain 2004 Alero - Questions??

oreipj

Reaction score
Sorry for long post this has been Kicking my ..

Anyone take a Drain reading I was wanting to know what good is? I know less than 50ma I was just trying to get a "real life" number. If you had the negative battery lead lifted is it a valid test? or does it have to be hooked up for a certain amount of time for all circuits "sleep".

How long does it take for all modules to enter sleep mode? When did you get a good steady reading I'm not sure if I'm chasing a ghost?

Anyone have luck with a used BCM?

Thanks...

2004 Alero - I have manual and meter
Recent work -- New Rug installed (Third Party). Car was dead lights left on jump started car now have issue. Only mechanical issue is occasional security issue that resets with leaving key on an 10 minutes and then trying.
New Problem -- Parasitic Drain .66 amps (Meter in series with negative terminal and lead)
Conditions - Doors are closed, all lights off, and all electrical equipment verified working with no alarms indicated.
Steps Taken
1. Pulled all fuses in Engine Compartment Fuse Box one at a time (relays also) - no change, . Pulled Right Side fuse box fuses one at time no change
2. Pulled Left side fuse box fuses one at a time
a. Both fuse F and L are pulled drop goes to .02 amps or less
b. F By Itself reads .54 amps
c. L By Itself .11 amps
3. Removed all three BCM connectors at one time made no change.
4. Checked all connectors in HVAC console and in center console and no changes noted and no signs of damage
Other
Amp Readings start higher and then steadies out in a few seconds
Trunk has randomly opened (its an auto feature on key ring and door)

hank0821

Reaction score
.66 AMP Drain on Battery / 2002 Alero

I finally found the problem with my battery drain problem. on the L/H fuse box located by the driver side door to the left of the steering wheel.
My trunk relay was intermittently sticking causing the drain. I pulled it and I was down to 88 Milliamps. I'm ok with that,