Original Owner, still hanging in there

swagled

Reaction score
I put my car on eBay a few years ago, and it got some bids - but the winner changed his mind and didn't want to pay. I shrugged it off, kept the car since I'd cleaned it up good for the ad. It's been kind of expensive to keep it running. But I've been willing to pay my local Chevy dealer to do the essentials to pass state inspections, and keep it on the road. I don't get a lot of use from it, but I drive it once or twice a week to keep the tires round and flush out the exhaust. I guess it's kind of a homey feeling to sit in car I know so well, that makes sounds I've heard so many times, with a seat that conforms to me after 20 years of driving.

I'm at about 242,350 miles now. I'll probably aim to get the old soldier up to 250K miles just to say that I did it. :sneaky:(y)

Last edited:

CaptSoloNJ

Reaction score
I kept mine until I made it to 200K, to be able to say I did it , also. The last 3 years were very expensive, but I gave it up when it died in the driveway for some crankshaft sensor failure. When it was running well , the ride was great.

But I have moved on.. Now it's Cadillacs.

wolfvan88

Reaction score
I've put a lot of time n money in my 99. At 184,000. Just bought probably the last set of tires for it... 70k tires...

Just wish I had thought of adding my upgrades years earlier...