Oldsmobile pga edition

blk7gxn

Reaction score
Hello fellow Oldsmobile enthusiast, my name is William and just joined the Oldsmobile forum a few days ago. One of my main reasons for joining is that these cars have such quality and luxury and design all bundled into one, and went unappreciated, and now a very few wise ones like ourselves are trying to rescue the very few Oldsmobile vintage ninety eight's that are still around, Weather it be the regular Ninety Eight model or the Touring Sedans. I just thought this was such an awesome site, and to be a part of it would be very informative and educational, and besides, I would be able to chat with some great people with the same interests as me. I would like to start out by asking if anyone here ever heard of a 1990 Oldsmobile ninety eight P.G.A. edition? The option was called "MERCHANDISED PKG P.G.A SPECIAL EDITION P.G.A SE PKG(W16)and only 515 were made. Well hope to talk with you good Oldsmobile enthusiast soon!
William

purplexj

Reaction score
I only heard of it after joining . Rocketguy is the man who knows the most about it. Finnaly , welcome to the site. Do you have one by any chance ? If so post up, if not post up too.

blk7gxn

Reaction score
Pga

Hello PurplexJ, Yes I own a 1990 P.G.A. I have researched the car for many years and have learned too allot about them. Very difficult, not to many around or people for that matter, who know about them. I purchased mine without knowing anything about it, but I knew as soon as I seen it, it was very special. I drove it home from the car dealers and its been in the garage since covered up.... lol, thanks for your post by the way :)
William

Last edited:

purplexj

Reaction score
You lucky son of a gun you . Funny you would have bought this rare of a car witout looking for one.

Rocketguy

Reaction score
From PurplexJ's Upgrade Blog:

I plucked this from here:

Every once in a blue moon one of the PGA cars comes up for sale. I have seen only a few in the last 5 years or so.

Here's what I have on the W-16 package:

This is a pictire of the page out of the dealer order book:
MVC-578F.jpg

And here is a picture of the special equipment from the parts book:
MVC-577F.jpg

It had gold wheel centers, emblems, a cargo net, and special badging throughout. The lower pin stripes are interesting.

Here is a blog I found, but I can't find any pics

blk7gxn

Reaction score
Oldsmobile PGA

Thanks for that Picture out of the dealer book. I Think its really interesting that once you get talking on a particular subject, you never know who has a little tid bit of information tucked away on some shelf somewhere. I really appreciate that! I didn't realize you couldn't get the vinyl top or aluminum wheels with the P.G.A. option. My P.G.A. has that black roadster top, that pin strip you mentioned, and the wire wheels. Also, the P.G.A. 's don't have the regency emblems on the sides of the car on the doors. Just the gold gold emblems on the quarter panels and the other specified areas the picture had shown. They are certainly a gorgeous car. Nothing that classy made today in my opinion, unless your willing to shell out the big bucks. I had no idea when I bought the car what it was or how rare it was. When I got it home I started researching it, I knew it had to be special just the way it looked, and all the rare options it has and the fact that I have never seen one. I love talking cars with all you terrific enthusiast, we all become more knowledgeable on the cars we love together. Hope to here from you soon!
William

blk7gxn

Reaction score
P.G.A Oldsmobile

That's great, thanks for that! I like it when numbers match up to each comparison. The only problem with such a low production # on a vehicle, is that few if any 1. realize what they have who own one and 2. people who don't are unaware of their existence. Its almost like a catch twenty two l.o.l. This Oldsmobile web site is such a blessing, Thanks again!
William

19Trofeo92

Reaction score
I had an interesting find at my local salvage yard yesterday. A white PGA edition. grabbed all the emblems off of it. looks like i should have gotten the center caps for hubcaps too and grille inserts. Guess I will take a run back for that. Are these worth anything? I have pictures but wouldnt let me post them.

blk7gxn

Reaction score
Pga

I just read your post, better late than never I guess lol.....Another rare piece on these cars is the coach lamp trim between the front and rear doors of the car. They have a thin gold outline to them, and are only used on the pga edition. Only 515 ever made, it seems like over the years the only ones I have seen have been white for some reason, really weird, I own a black one with the rare black roadster top. On that grill insert, your better off taking that whole grill, once you try popping out those old glued in rubbery gold pieces they start to dis-form as you pry....good luck! And let us know how you made out........
William

Leggettham13

Reaction score
20210709_023658.jpg
i have a set of 4 brand new centers for the pga edition......anyone interested in those?

Attachments

• 20210709_023801.jpg
    20210709_023801.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 0