New Alero Purchase

Letitroll98

Reaction score
Hey all! Over here from the Aurora side with some questions from my GF. I'm a loyal Aurora owner, posting here infrequently, almost charter member of ACNA. My sweety needs another car ASAP, '93 Probe GT dying. But the thing is my GF doesn't like the size of the Aurora (or the gas mileage) and loves the look of a 2 door Alero GL/GLS V-6 with spoiler around 2001-2002 used. I also suggested Solara or Accord coupe 1999-2001 as alternatives but the used car market has them valued about $4k higher. Could go Intrigue, but awfully family car for her (52 y/o empty nester, likes to drive fast).

So here is your mission Mr Phelps: Sell me on your pride and joy. Tell me all your loves, your trials, your successful fixes (it's a GM vehicle, you all have some fixes), etc. In short, why should she stop looking and buy that silver 2 door box of Oldsmobile dreams?

In return for your kind contribution, I promise never to come over here and brag about my Aurora. (Ok, so it's not a great deal, tough. Represent.)

Loudue3

Reaction score
Hey letitroll,
I've got just about the exact car you're describing. 2001 GL1 V6 coupe w/ spoiler. I love it. Granted it's the only car I've had, but I've had it for 4 years now (since new), put over 45k miles on it, and still enjoy it much more than any of my friends' cars, esp. my girlfriend's '00 focus. If she likes to drive fast as well, no prob. It's only got around 170 hp, but the pickup is real nice and mine tops out at over 115mph (too chicken to find out how much more).