• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Oldsmobile owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

my 1970 98

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Jaydubyagee! Thank you for signing up! That's a good-looking car you've got there.. How's it running?

Rambo

Reaction score
I didn't even know the 98's were around back in the 70's. I thought it was a fairly new model. ;)

Nice looking car though. Do you have any pics with the replated chrome? I'd like to see some if you have them.

-Kevin

jaydubyagee

Reaction score
Runs great. I've been chipping away at a restoration. Did a mechanical restoration, including engine rebuild, 2 years ago. Rebuilt the rear end as well. Last year was the paint and chrome. I ran out of warm weather before I finished the brightwork, so I'll finish that this spring and start on the interior restoration.

I've laid in most of the parts for the interior restoration. I'll hire out the upholstery, but will put a new dash and heater core in myself. I've already done the weatherstripping and the top hydraulics. Also going to put the orginal radio back in and put a "real" stereo somewhere, perhaps in the glove box.

Its like painting the Brooklyn Bridge. As soon as I'm finished it will be time to start all over again.

I'll post up current pictures as a soon as the cover comes off and the spring wax goes on.

Rambo

Reaction score
Originally posted by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY@Apr 9 2004, 12:34 PM
The Oldsmobile Ninety Eight has been around since 1941. It ran from 1941 to 1996. :D
Sounds like it had a pretty good run. I wonder if GM is ever going to make something that will compare to it.

-Kevin

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rambo+Apr 10 2004, 02:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rambo @ Apr 10 2004, 02:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NINETY EIGHT REGENCY@Apr 9 2004, 12:34 PM
The Oldsmobile Ninety Eight has been around since 1941. It ran from 1941 to 1996. :D
Sounds like it had a pretty good run. I wonder if GM is ever going to make something that will compare to it.

-Kevin [/b][/quote]
There must be something atleast similar.. Anybody wanna take some guesses?