Motorad 1050-180?

deb371

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Motorad 1050-180 thermostat housing? My daughter bought a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX for $300 and she knows mom can fix alot of vehicle issues, so I am going through fixing things I thought needed replacing. I have replaced valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, water crossover pipe gaskets, intake plenum gaskets, brake pads on all 4 wheels. But when I pulled the thermostat housing the thermostat was gone. I have been searching for days for the best replacement thermostat as I can't find any of the GM or ACDELCO OEM thermostats. I found the Motorad 1050-180 that looks identical to the OEM ones, but figured I would check to see if anyone else has tried it for their intrigue.

deb371

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Motorad 1050-180 thermostat housing? My daughter bought a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX for $300 and she knows mom can fix alot of vehicle issues, so I am going through fixing things I thought needed replacing. I have replaced valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, water crossover pipe gaskets, intake plenum gaskets, brake pads on all 4 wheels. But when I pulled the thermostat housing the thermostat was gone. I have been searching for days for the best replacement thermostat as I can't find any of the GM or ACDELCO OEM thermostats. I found the Motorad 1050-180 that looks identical to the OEM ones, but figured I would check to see if anyone else has tried it for their intrigue.
Will post when I get the part in and see if it is exactly like the OEM

deb371

Reaction score
Update, the part doesn't look anything like the picture representation. It is just a gates 33953 with a single spring.

deb371

Reaction score
Update, the part doesn't look anything like the picture representation. It is just a gates 33953 with a single spring.
If you can find this one the thermostat itself will fit the oldsmobile intrigue

2001-2003 Aurora Thermostat Water Neck Housing 3.5L V6 part #12570247​

G

G-884581

Oem part only it seems from reading past posts about issues with aftermarket thermostat & water pumps.

deb371

Reaction score
Yes OEM only, but the thermostat from the Aurora housing is an OEM thermostat for Intrigue also. I pulled the thermostat out and placed it in the Intrigue housing and it was a perfect fit, no overheating

TruBrewMan

Reaction score
I finally got the 2001-2003 Aurora Thermostat Water Neck Housing 3.5L V6 part #12570247
and thermostat looks correct. Now, the page on Amazon for the part is deleted as of today. So I guess they sold up all they had also probably people putting the wrong/nonworking thermostat back in new housing and returning. Crossed my mind due to all the hassle but that company wasn't at fault.

deb371

Reaction score
Check Ebay also, I did a google search for GM part #12570247 to find other places that might have it and found it on Ebay at the time.