I need to flush the radiator in my 96 Cutlass Ciera

sissylala69s

Reaction score
I have done minor carbrepairs but I've always found info online or had a Haynes manual to refer to
I've searched Google and YouTube til my brain hurt & can't find any videos or sites that show specifics on how to flush/refill the radiator in my 96 Cutlass Ciera (6cyl)
It doesn't look like pics can be posted here but can someone please give me step by step instructions?
Keep in mind that I'm very much an amature so "Pull the drain plug" isn't enough info for me...I'd need to know where the plug is
I'd settle for a link to a site or a good video tutorial
Also, the reason I'm flushing it is because I am going to put stop leak in it as it appears to be leaking from the back of the radiator
Any thoughts on Stopleak?
Thanks in advance
Oh, and I am not sure if my car is RWD or FWD but didn't think it mattered in this case so I just picked one

1970cs

Reaction score
Looking at pictures there is a plug or petcock that need to opened or removed. It's on the opposite corner from the fill neck on the engine side. Usually just use water to flush the system. But with that it fill the system with water. So you need to use straight or full strength coolant.

I would avoid the stop leak. It can plug the heater core also! Just replace the entire radiator. Rock auto has them $61 to 104. You may want to check your local auto parts to see if they are close on pricing. Freight from R.A. might make things even?

Pat