I need the passcode too reset my stock stereo in my 2001 olds alero?

mepoppa

Reaction score
I put in another stock stereo deck in my 2001 oldsmobile alero and now i need i passcode too get in too it and have the slightest idea on what and how too perform the way too do that ..So if anybody knows how too please help me out here thanx

papastewysnipes

Reaction score
here u go buddy

When a GM radio displays the "LOC" this means the Theft Lock has been activated on the vehicle. The only way to get it to work after this occurs is to unlock the radio. The process for unlocking the radio is one that can be done by the dealer,but it can also be done by the car's owner in the driveway at home.

So instead of driving to the dealer and paying someoneto unlock the radio, follow this short process and save some money.

Instructions: Turn the ignition key to the "on" position. It may be necessary on some vehicles to start the vehicle. Most will not require the vehicle to be running:
1. Press and hold the preset buttons numbered two and three for 10 seconds at most. Write down the three-digit number that displays on the screen. Some radios will display only two digits.
2. Press the "AM/FM" button on the radio. Write down the second three-digit number. Again, some radios will only displaytwo digits. The AM/FM button has to be pressed quickly after getting the first code. If pressing the button does nothing,then start over.
3. Call 1-800-537-5140 and listen for the make of the vehicle: Chevrolet will be one, Oldsmobile will be two and so on.
4. Press the number corresponding to the make of the vehicle followed by 06010 then the "*" or star key. So for aChevrolet radio, for instance, the number entered will be 106010*.
5. Enter the four- or six-digit code retrieved from the radio. Then write down the code given over the phone.
6. Go back to the radio and press the "Hour Set" button until the first two digits of the code from the phone appear. Now press the "Minute Set" button until the second two digits of the code appear.
7. Press the "AM/FM" button. The word "SEC" should appear on the screen. If it does then turn the radio on and it will work. If not then repeat steps 4 through 7 and get additional codes.

If you bought the car new then there should be writen in the manual the code for the theft lock system on the radio. If pre-owned then it might, might not be in there. Or, if you dont have one at all, go to your nearest GM dealer and have them fix it by finding the code. Make sure to have them write it down for you incase this happens again. Be prepared to prove you own the vehicle.

mrbreezeet1

Reaction score
When a GM radio displays the "LOC" this means the Theft Lock has been activated on the vehicle. The only way to get it to work after this occurs is to unlock the radio. The process for unlocking the radio is one that can be done by the dealer,but it can also be done by the car's owner in the driveway at home.

So instead of driving to the dealer and paying someoneto unlock the radio, follow this short process and save some money.

Instructions: Turn the ignition key to the "on" position. It may be necessary on some vehicles to start the vehicle. Most will not require the vehicle to be running:
1. Press and hold the preset buttons numbered two and three for 10 seconds at most. Write down the three-digit number that displays on the screen. Some radios will display only two digits.
2. Press the "AM/FM" button on the radio. Write down the second three-digit number. Again, some radios will only displaytwo digits. The AM/FM button has to be pressed quickly after getting the first code. If pressing the button does nothing,then start over.
3. Call 1-800-537-5140 and listen for the make of the vehicle: Chevrolet will be one, Oldsmobile will be two and so on.
4. Press the number corresponding to the make of the vehicle followed by 06010 then the "*" or star key. So for aChevrolet radio, for instance, the number entered will be 106010*.
5. Enter the four- or six-digit code retrieved from the radio. Then write down the code given over the phone.
6. Go back to the radio and press the "Hour Set" button until the first two digits of the code from the phone appear. Now press the "Minute Set" button until the second two digits of the code appear.
7. Press the "AM/FM" button. The word "SEC" should appear on the screen. If it does then turn the radio on and it will work. If not then repeat steps 4 through 7 and get additional codes.

If you bought the car new then there should be writen in the manual the code for the theft lock system on the radio. If pre-owned then it might, might not be in there. Or, if you dont have one at all, go to your nearest GM dealer and have them fix it by finding the code. Make sure to have them write it down for you incase this happens again. Be prepared to prove you own the vehicle.

I got a New radio coming from E bay, And I am hoping this will work for my car.

It is a 2002 Alero.
Or Am I SOL.
Is 2002 too new for this to work?
Thanks,
Tony

I'm not allowed to post links, but if you search e bay of google for Item number: 360376994886
You can see the Radio.

Last edited:

mrbreezeet1

Reaction score
I got a New radio coming from E bay, And I am hoping this will work for my car.

It is a 2002 Alero.
Or Am I SOL.
Is 2002 too new for this to work?
Thanks,
Tony

I'm not allowed to post links, but if you search e bay of google for Item number: 360376994886
You can see the Radio.

Well, in case anyone needs to know, This one had to go to the dealer.
One dealer told me $75.00, but there is a Dealer we deal with at work that had the Tech II scanner, and they did it for about $35.00. (Plus Tax).
Still half what the 1st Dealer wanted to charge me.
The thing is, this is an RDS radio, and if it's a RDS radio, you can not pull the scrambled code from the radio, and call the 800 #.
Now, If you have an older Radio, I think in the Alero/Grand Am/Malibu's up to and including 2000 model years, you can do the hold down the 2&3 buttons get the code, and Call GM, and get your unlock code.
Might work for some newer radio's too, I don't know, but from what I understand, it can not be a RDS Radio.
A RDS radio, if you don't know, is the kind that tells you the name of the song playing, and the artist that does it.
So any ways, the E bay Item number 360376994886 Radio/CD/Tape player is in and working, CD player working nicely.
Just hope it stays that way.
Here is a question, If I ever need to remove the RDS radio from my car, say to have it repaired, will it still be set up to work in my car, or would I need to get it programed again.
What about if I pull the battery?
If I am not mistaken, the Tech II scanner actually reprograms the BCM to the radio.
But I am not 100% sure.
Thanks,
Tony