I have a 98 oldsmobile aurora 4.0L V8 and i am looking for a supercharger that...

mohan

Reaction score
...will fit on it.? It is a shelby aurora motor 4.0L V8

slipknot1fn

Reaction score
Supercharging an engine is great but there are several things you need to consider.. First: what type of supercharger are you wanting to go with? The most economic and most practical decision would definately be a centrifugal supercharger. With this type, you'll get about 7-10 lbs of boost which is a good amount of power. The best thing about these is that they are basically universal. They're not belt driven so the front cover assembly/ belt drive system will not have to be modified. Also an extreme advantage, the centrifugal supercharger can be mounted in several different places in the engine compartment, so hood clearance would not be a problem. The other type of supercharger is the roots type. This is the kind of supercharger that sits on top of the engine. The only advantage for this type of application would be that it has more potential to make more power. The problems, in addition to the ones listed above, being the hood clearance and the belt drive system having to be modified, is the face that the computer would have to be made to accomodate the supercharger due to the sophisticated computer system in the vehicle. Also, being a 4 liter v-8, I can't think of any superchargers made by gm for this engine. You may want to browse around on the Internet to see if you can find one. Check out Paxton's site too though. I've installed a couple of these and it's amazing how much these can wake up the engine. Good luck with whatever you decide.

xjsman89

Reaction score
If you could find one that would be the right size there's nothing guaranteeing that it will work. The Aurora 4.0 can't handle boost well, it wouldn't be a good idea for our engines. You could run around 4psi max but it wouldn't be good to apply it before 5K RPM... you would need to run it super rich too.

BudRacing

Reaction score
There is very little to NO extra room under the hood of an aurora, or around the belt system.
I think a remote mount turbo would be the most feasible addition of forced induction.

G

G-548867

Here we are, 2021, and this is still relevant to me.
My 98 is getting some performance upgrades.
EGR delete
CAT delete
New throttle body and spacer with a stainless cold air intake.

Next upgrades will be a cam intake swap