How can you reset a computer for a 2001 olds aurora?

jjkk

Reaction score
I was told that the security system may be messed up on it because it quits while I am going down the road and it takes like 2 or 3 times to start it. It's like when I am going down the road the fuel stops getting to where ever it needs to go to make it go cause right before it quits it jerks a few times like it is running out of gas. Just please tell me how I can reset the computer. The guy has it at the shop right now and he wants to make sure that he is doing it right. So he wont mess anything up. Please respond asap.

nighttime_ran

Reaction score
Go to your local auto parts store and have them do a free code test to see the problem.They can clear all the codes and if it returns then replace the part.Good Luck.

sayit3462

Reaction score
It really depends on which computer you are trying to reset! Within the computer's CPU, several computer chips hold valuable information and help with many calculations. Some chips contain information that can't be restored or reset. Like in the ROM (Read Only Memory). Even though computers last a long time, they still wear and age, so therefore sometimes the send faulty singals- that could be a problem with your car. Sometimes memory can be erased or reset by disconnecting the negative battery cable. Another way is by a scan tool. Some computers you only can do it by this way. Another way is the flash system. Cutting on and off your key 3 times will give you a code from the computer. Try these answers and see wat you get! Good luck!!

pogster

Reaction score
Who told you it was the computer? If "the guy" you are referring to is the mechanic it sounds like to me you better find a better shop where they know what they are doing. You shouldn't be the one having to find out how to fix it and then telling them. Kinda backwards it seems.