How can I install my tweeter speakers on my new front speakers?

Reaction score
I installed new Boss BRS52 5.25" speakers as the old ones had cone separation issues after 19 years of usage and forgot the new speakers don't have the connections for hooking up the tweeter speakers, except for solder pads where the wiring connects to for hooking up the speakers to the stereo.

My question is, can I still use the old wiring harness that was soldered to the old speakers to the new ones and get the tweeters connected back and how can I test them to make sure they are working correctly?

Also, my right front speaker isn't working due to a loose connection, which will be fixed later on.

wolfvan88

Reaction score
I installed new Boss BRS52 5.25" speakers as the old ones had cone separation issues after 19 years of usage and forgot the new speakers don't have the connections for hooking up the tweeter speakers, except for solder pads where the wiring connects to for hooking up the speakers to the stereo.

My question is, can I still use the old wiring harness that was soldered to the old speakers to the new ones and get the tweeters connected back and how can I test them to make sure they are working correctly?

Also, my right front speaker isn't working due to a loose connection, which will be fixed later on.

I used some gm speaker adapters (to use factory harness)
I used the boss 4 way speaker and used the wiring harness for the tweeters. I actually went to the the salvage yard and got front Bose door panels, the wiring for those speakers (used a wider clip than non Bose system) I made the harness using the factory parts that have the filters already in place.

I also planned to add a separate tweeter in the rear like the Bose systems.

Using the tweeter in the front in the factory position sounds better than having the tweeter in the lower speaker.

I used the factory harness so I can unclip the speakers easily when I need to take the door panel off.

Just match the - + cables to each other.
Then listen to the tweeter. The filter blocks the low frequencies from the tweeter and allows the highs to pass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used some gm speaker adapters (to use factory harness)
I used the boss 4 way speaker and used the wiring harness for the tweeters. I actually went to the the salvage yard and got front Bose door panels, the wiring for those speakers (used a wider clip than non Bose system) I made the harness using the factory parts that have the filters already in place.

I also planned to add a separate tweeter in the rear like the Bose systems.

Using the tweeter in the front in the factory position sounds better than having the tweeter in the lower speaker.

I used the factory harness so I can unclip the speakers easily when I need to take the door panel off.

Just match the - + cables to each other.
Then listen to the tweeter. The filter blocks the low frequencies from the tweeter and allows the highs to pass.
Got the speakers to install. Soldered the wires to the speakers and they all work.