Final 500 Silhouette

benthere

Reaction score
I have a Final 500 Silhouette. I am the third owner and I am looking for information regarding the bronze medallions that should have been with each van that designates which number the van is. My van didn't come with a medallion and I have been told that the medallions were sent to the dealership and sometimes they went with the van when sold and sometimes they didn't. By the time the 2004 models came out Olds had stopped putting the Customer appreciation kits with each car and just threw a numbered medallion in the car on its way out the door....

yellowjacket1951

Reaction score
04 Silhouette Final 500 edition medallions

To Benthere:
As I said in that lengthy message ( Send me the VIN number. I have a list of all the 360 04 Silhouettes Final 500 models + the dealer that sold it. From the VIN I can look up who sold it new and what the sequence number is. As far as getting a medallion for it. We just have too encourage the GM Heritage center to try once more to locate the box of Silhouette medallions for the Final 500s. I know for sure they had the box or over 400 + medallions left in Feb of 2006. That's how I got mine.

Maybe order a set of three Final 500 medallions from the R. E. Olds Museum in Lansing, MI They sell the set of three. Bravada, Alero, +Silhouette but they have no stamped sequence number just xxx / 500. They sell for 50 bucks for the 3. I am assuming your other Final 500s do have their medallions, is that correct. Bob Staggs at Ames Iowa. Please call me at 515-292-3095 and we can discuss this better. Or email me at captbobmsc@aol.com or captbobmsc@gmail.com

Last edited:

1970cs

Reaction score
I was not aware that the vans received the numbered medallion since the only made the 360 units. I looked at 3 final 500 vans and none had them!

yellowjacket1951

Reaction score
Final 500 04 Silhouettes.

Unlike the other 4 Olds models, i.el Intrigue, Aurora, Bravada and Alero, the Vans WERE NOT ISSUED THE MEDALLIONS. I cannot determine a reason. A very few did get their medallions by asking a favor of the Olds Product Manager Mr. Douglas L. Stott. I got mine by emailing the GM Heritage Center and after a call from Doug L. Stott they found the box of all the unissued medallions. Mr. Stott had delivered the box of medallions to the heritage Center as one of his last "official acts" for Olds before he locked the door and turned out the lights so to speak. Requests for owners medallions since the Fall of 2012 have been met with 'we do not know where the box is now!! Bummer. I even know a gentleman who has a collection of all five Final 5s and wanted the badge for his silhouette. He drove up to Sterling Heights, MI (with an appointment) I might add and as I understand another search was made for the remaining badges and THEY WERE NOT FOUND AS YET. I hope against hope that it did not get thrown away !! It does not look promising at this point in time.

The reason I understand they were not issued was that the "purist' collectors would take exception to the medallion stating No. xxx / 500 instead of
xxx / 360 that were all that were produced of the Final 5s. As for me I would rather have the medallion rather than none at all, even if the final procuction number was wrong ! By the time Olds found that only 360 made it off the assembly line it was to late to place an order for the correct wording on a new set of badges.

I hope this may answer some questions you might have.

Jereco

Reaction score
04 Silhouette Final 500 edition medallions

To Benthere:
As I said in that lengthy message ( Send me the VIN number. I have a list of all the 360 04 Silhouettes Final 500 models + the dealer that sold it. From the VIN I can look up who sold it new and what the sequence number is. As far as getting a medallion for it. We just have too encourage the GM Heritage center to try once more to locate the box of Silhouette medallions for the Final 500s. I know for sure they had the box or over 400 + medallions left in Feb of 2006. That's how I got mine.

Maybe order a set of three Final 500 medallions from the R. E. Olds Museum in Lansing, MI They sell the set of three. Bravada, Alero, +Silhouette but they have no stamped sequence number just xxx / 500. They sell for 50 bucks for the 3. I am assuming your other Final 500s do have their medallions, is that correct. Bob Staggs at Ames Iowa. Please call me at 515-292-3095 and we can discuss this better. Or email me at captbobmsc@aol.com or captbobmsc@gmail.com
I just ordered a medallion from RE Oldsmobile museum in Lansing mi I don’t know if they are like the original but 1 1/2” dia. Bronze color with black lettering with the Oldsmobile emblem with the wording in black background and bronze letters “Collector’s Edition Silhouette” then at the bottom with bronze background black lettering No. 00/500.