Engine Cradle 1995 Olds Aurora

Little Clyde

Reaction score
1995 Olds Aurora - 26 year old, 86,xxx mile, engine cradle has filed for divorce from frame citing rust as grounds.
Body, interior, engine are all in very good condition, especially considering age.
Is a replacement cradle available? Is such an endeavor feasible? Love the car. Hate to let it go.
Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

comatus

Reaction score
1995 Olds Aurora - 26 year old, 86,xxx mile, engine cradle has filed for divorce from frame citing rust as grounds.
Body, interior, engine are all in very good condition, especially considering age.
Is a replacement cradle available? Is such an endeavor feasible? Love the car. Hate to let it go.
Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks!
I had this done about the same time you had it come up. Mechanic at my buddy's resto-mod shop said it looked do-able. Took three tries with junkyards to find a cradle that didn't already have terminal rust, but we got there. Made the change without dropping the engine, too. Cost about $1K, and I found that reasonable. because everything else on mine was still good too.

G

G-786220

I had this done about the same time you had it come up. Mechanic at my buddy's resto-mod shop said it looked do-able. Took three tries with junkyards to find a cradle that didn't already have terminal rust, but we got there. Made the change without dropping the engine, too. Cost about $1K, and I found that reasonable. because everything else on mine was still good too.
Thank you for your encouraging reply. Am most grateful. Have retained the vehicle all these months hoping for some positive input, in spite of having no luck finding a cradle. Will resume the search with renewed vigor now. Thanks again. Hope your rejuvenated Aurora provides many more miles of happy motoring.