Don't be afraid to ask..........

turbomangt

Reaction score
I came on board here not just to sell my products but to help out in regard to car care. Since I teach auto detailing at High Schools and Colleges, I keep up with the latest technology used in modern day car care. Don’t be shy, I can see the membership is kind of small here, but that sometimes makes for a great group discussion. Heck, you can even get one on one attention. Many of the cars I have detailed have been featured in magazines and my client base is extremely loyal. No question is too dumb to ask. Gary
www.perfectautofinish.com

double0alero

Reaction score
what would you recommend as the best "everyday" wax? I usually wax my car every few weeks to keep those little hairline scratches away. I use techwax and it works alright. What is best?

delta8884

Reaction score
what can be used to bring life back to the plastic molding on my other cars ,i use black magic now ,but this looks good for a few day's,the plastic is light gray

thanks for any help

turbomangt

Reaction score
First question, which wax is best?
First thing to understand is that wax is a natural by-product that comes from trees. The modern Synthetic polymers are much easier to use and more durable. This is all I use in my shop, since wax only will last 30 days on a driver car. When you consider how much companies are charging for wax (p21s $23/soviern $59/zymol estate glazes $75-$1200) why spend that much $$$ for liminted protection? MY paint sealant which is 10 bucks is priced much less than most wax, and it a much superior product. Car dealers in my area typically charge anywhere from $600-$900 for one application of paint sealant. Guess what? you can do it for 10 bucks yourself, this is why I teach detailing, most people are not aware sealants are price so low. In guru wax report that grades car finishes here is what they said and I quote "The synthetics ruled this test, especially in the durability department". I will add this, once you try my sealant you won't go back to wax. If you want to apply something more often , use poly seal.

question 2. what can bring new life back to plastic, first we have to understand the difference between "molded" plastic/ finished plastic
Finished plastic which has a clear coat on it, you can use whatever you use on your finish. Molded plastic, you should use a water based dressing. I sell one my web site , it has NO solvents in it like that sticky messy armol -all. When you talk about black magic, I think that product for is use on rubber. Does it have like a shoe polish applicator on it? if so that means it's definatley for rubber. It actually dyes the rubber back to black, It won't work on plastic, because it is not pourous. Gary

Hammer

Reaction score
Another question.

It looks like its going to be very cold, wet and horrible winter here in England this year (dont laugh its not always horrible here... honest) and im wondering what i should use to protect the vinyl landau roof on my Delta 88?

im thinking it needs to be kept in good condition to stop it from splitting from the cold and ice.

Thank You

turbomangt

Reaction score
Nice to see some sense of humor here. If you look on my web site, read up on my Ultimate Dressing. It will not only protect your top from harsh weather, but it will make it look like new. It is water based. (No solvents) so its user friendly. Simply spray some on a applicator pad, and work product into the top. YOu will see it soak in, continue till the top is done. wait a few minutes and take a soft towel and buff dry. Your car will be very happy! Gary www.perfectautofinish.com ;)

Hammer

Reaction score
double0alero said:
quick answer...a garage...LOL. there should be a vinyl protectant for the weather...
Haha very good:D a better solution would be emigration:cool:

Thanks Turbomangt, i will have a look for a similar product here in the UK, but if i dont find any do you ship internationally?

Cheers guys

turbomangt

Reaction score
Yes, I ship all over the world, we would have to make other arrangements for ordering, one of the things I do for poeple over seas is I ship the order first, then I will know what shipping charges are, then give you total. Let me know, but here is a warning, get ready to be impressed. (while you save money) Gary

dwydra1

Reaction score
Black Top?

I just recently bought a 93 Olds Cutlass Convertible and the people around here don't know how to put it on. I am wondering could I do it myself?:confused: Is there a place out there in internet world that could show me how? I've had to put almost 800 into it for parts alone and I am just fed up with spending anymore and if its not hard I want to try and do it myself!!

93CUTLASS

Reaction score
alright i got a question my car is a 93 cutlass ceira the car is pretty beat up on the outside but interior is ok, i would say a 7 out of 10 a kid drove it before me!seats look great the floor looks like hell blew up. i was wondering if thers a way to re-hab the carpet so i dont have to get a new one can get pics as well.

MA_Olds_Fan

Reaction score
Nice website - -questions about your processes

Hey, I checked out your company website and it looks great and very professional.

What chemicals do you use or recommend?

I've got a mix of things in my toolbox, and looking to consolidate down to a prime lineup.

and also looking into a on-the-weekend gig to help finance these car addictions. would appreciate your advice if your willing (PM me)

D. Yaros

Reaction score
I teach auto detailing at High Schools and Colleges, I keep up with the latest technology used in modern day car care. Don’t be shy. No question is too dumb to ask. Gary
www.perfectautofinish.com
Ok, I will ask, what college offers auto detailing as a credit course? In what major course of study is this offering?

D. Yaros

Reaction score
The subj of this thread is "Don't be afraid to ask." I wasn't, and did on 6 Sep 2015. I guess 6 months is not long enough time for -turbomangt- to frame a response?

I further suspect no college offers auto detailing as a credit course.