CUTLASS GT

4BANGER

Reaction score
HI ALL
I'M A NEWBI, NOT TO CARS, THE FORUM. WHICH LOOKS VERY COOL. HERES MY QUESTION, I BOUGHT AN 1988 CUTLASS GT. ONLY 400 MADE, THIS ONE IS #211
I MET A GUY THAT HAS ONE SAID IT WAS #12, HE SAID HIS HAS A 305 CI. THE PERSON I BOUGHT MY CAR FROM SAID IT HAD A 307 CI. PLUS THE GUY I SPOKE WITH SAID HIS HAD A HOOD SCOOP. I'M THINKING MAYBE THAT SCOOP WAS ADDED, BUT IT SEEMS THE ENGINES SHOULD BE THE SAME. MY CAR ONLY HAS 50,000 ON IT, AND BODY IS IN NICE SHAPE. BUT THE PAINT IS GETTING DULL, IF THE CAR SHOULD HAVE A SCOOP. I PLAN ON HAVING IT PAINTED, AND WOULD ADD THE SCOOP. SO ANYONE KNOW WHATS REALLY UNDER THE HOOD ON THESE CARS? THANKS

jbritt67

Reaction score

I have seen cowl induction hoods on these cars, but I don't believe it was available from the factory. The GT should have the 307 V8.

Reaction score
HI ALL
I'M A NEWBI, NOT TO CARS, THE FORUM. WHICH LOOKS VERY COOL. HERES MY QUESTION, I BOUGHT AN 1988 CUTLASS GT. ONLY 400 MADE, THIS ONE IS #211
I MET A GUY THAT HAS ONE SAID IT WAS #12, HE SAID HIS HAS A 305 CI. THE PERSON I BOUGHT MY CAR FROM SAID IT HAD A 307 CI. PLUS THE GUY I SPOKE WITH SAID HIS HAD A HOOD SCOOP. I'M THINKING MAYBE THAT SCOOP WAS ADDED, BUT IT SEEMS THE ENGINES SHOULD BE THE SAME. MY CAR ONLY HAS 50,000 ON IT, AND BODY IS IN NICE SHAPE. BUT THE PAINT IS GETTING DULL, IF THE CAR SHOULD HAVE A SCOOP. I PLAN ON HAVING IT PAINTED, AND WOULD ADD THE SCOOP. SO ANYONE KNOW WHATS REALLY UNDER THE HOOD ON THESE CARS? THANKS
Hay 4banger do you still have the 1988 cutlass GT 211 out of 400