• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Oldsmobile owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Car radio

5fty7vn

Reaction score
Anyone know what, if any, is the difference between the radio of a 2001 Alero and a 2002 or newer Alero? The FM stations on my current radio don't come in anymore so rather than try to tear into it, i'm thinking of just getting a different one and putting it in. The radio I found online is listed for a 2002-2004 and my car is a 2001.

Michael David Dean

Reaction score
A parts store or salvage yard should be able to tell you which years were all the same generation with similar/ interchangeable parts. There are dozens of radios for a 2001 Alero listed on car-part.com. Make sure your antenna did not become disconnected limiting reception.