body control module

edfiero

Reaction score
Since no one else replied.... I'll try.

I am going to say, you can't find it because it doesn't exist. While I'm not familar with the Cutlass, generally BCM didn't start appearing until 1996 and the invention of OBDII.

I know the 95 Grand Prix did not have a BCM, so I assume platform mate, Cutlass would be similar.

SegaGT

Reaction score
Since no one else replied.... I'll try.

I am going to say, you can't find it because it doesn't exist. While I'm not familar with the Cutlass, generally BCM didn't start appearing until 1996 and the invention of OBDII.

I know the 95 Grand Prix did not have a BCM, so I assume platform mate, Cutlass would be similar.
While I have no personal knowledge of the car in question, what you stated seems right. I know earlier cars had "courtesy" modules that controlled interior lights, sometimes trunk actuator and such, as well as a separate keyless entry module if the car was equipped from the factory with that option. The question I'm wondering is why its location needs to be known, as that might help get answers in case the system (trying to troubleshoot?) may not be integrated in a central "BCM".

Rocketguy

Reaction score
It happens often and is annoying when a new user shows up, makes one post, and never returns.

I did a bit of research and I do not think the CS has a BCM either. Sadly I have no W body parts books or manuals.

BYmech

Reaction score
I have a 96 cutlass supreme does it have a body control module. And if so where is it?