'66 Toronado "Barn Find"

PitbullRescuer

Reaction score
Hello ladies & gentlemen. Just wanted to stop in to say hello and to share my recent "barn find" that I hope you all can appreciate.

My best friend and his father ran repair shop here in Philadelphia. Huge car nuts, they both always have a few cool cars on hand. Unfortunately his father passed away on December 14, 2012. My buddy now run the shop on his own and also has acquired all the cars his father had sitting around. They include:

'69 Camaro Big Block Race Car, goes low 10's

'65 Thunderbird Coupe

'72 Cutlass 455 restoration project

and what we pulled out of the garage at his parents property, a '66 Toronado with 89K original miles on it. The car hasn't been on the road since 1979. It's such a cool car. We got it running with not a whole lot of effort:
filed down the points, fresh gas in the carbs. Had to put a radiator, water pump, hoses and belts on it, dropped a new battery in it. The body is straight as an arrow, very, very, very little rust. Interior is decent, drivers side of the bench seat is a little tattered as is the drivers side carpet. Dash, headliner, steering wheel, etc are all good.

We're going to start cleaning it up this weekend. (I'll take some pictures of it before we do though) Once it's clean we're going to re-evaluate it and decide if we want to do some more work on it or if we'll be putting it up for sale. (In addition to the cars I mentioned above, he also has: '70 Cutlass Race Car, '69 Firebird Convertible, a few trucks and a '72 Olds Ninety Eight 455, T400, 12 bolt Posi that's super clean too. The Ninety Eight will be for sale as well, need to make some room at the shop.

I'm sure I'll be checking in on your forum here for tips and advice as we go and to share our progress with you all.

goldsmobile

Reaction score
Congratulations, there still are old cars waiting for someone to discover goes to show, yes good for you. Would be great to see pics soon, thanks and best luck, keep all original parts for next owner and keep as a survivor for now at least.

Kendicott1

Reaction score
Hello ladies & gentlemen. Just wanted to stop in to say hello and to share my recent "barn find" that I hope you all can appreciate.

My best friend and his father ran repair shop here in Philadelphia. Huge car nuts, they both always have a few cool cars on hand. Unfortunately his father passed away on December 14, 2012. My buddy now run the shop on his own and also has acquired all the cars his father had sitting around. They include:

'65 Thunderbird Coupe

and what we pulled out of the garage at his parents property, a '66 Toronado with 89K original miles on it. The car hasn't been on the road since 1979. It's such a cool car. We got it running with not a whole lot of effort:
filed down the points, fresh gas in the carbs. Had to put a radiator, water pump, hoses and belts on it, dropped a new battery in it. The body is straight as an arrow, very, very, very little rust. Interior is decent, drivers side of the bench seat is a little tattered as is the drivers side carpet. Dash, headliner, steering wheel, etc are all good.

We're going to start cleaning it up this weekend. (I'll take some pictures of it before we do though) Once it's clean we're going to re-evaluate it and decide if we want to do some more work on it or if we'll be putting it up for sale. (In addition to the cars I mentioned above, he also has: '70 Cutlass Race Car, '69 Firebird Convertible, a few trucks and a '72 Olds Ninety Eight 455, T400, 12 bolt Posi that's super clean too. The Ninety Eight will be for sale as well, need to make some room at the shop.

I'm sure I'll be checking in on your forum here for tips and advice as we go and to share our progress with you all.

'65 Thunderbird Coupe

8.5 yrs later, what became of the car? I'm in Mt Laurel, NJ & have NEVER seen a '66-70 Toronado around these parts in 25 yrs.