2001 Alero Fuse Box

5fty7vn

Reaction score
My auxiliary and cigarette lighter on my 01 Alero has not power to it so i'm not able to use them for phone charger while i'm driving. I've looked at the fuse and it isn't blown. When I looked under the hood at the power box I noticed one side of the spot where the fuse slides in is missing the metal connector for the fuse to carry power from one side to the other. I've removed the power box to try and reinsert that connector but I'm not able to separate the top and bottom parts of the power box. I've also tried a different power box but that was causing other power issues with my car, probably due to the fact that the trim packages for current and second power boxes were not the same. Anyone have any ideas as to how to get them separated or fix this issue?

In the photo you can see the slot which is just above the green 30 amp mini-fuse, just below the center of the photo

Attachments

ThePabst

Reaction score
Start simple...

Check the wires first. If this is the flip out socket on the passenger side, DEFINITELY check connections. THese sockets are junk and broke just for fun... Fuses don't blow unless they suffer a ground so a busted wire won't necessarily pop fuses. These cars are aging so check for corrosion as well. Use a meter, not your eyes.

You can not go by missing fuses. The boxes on these cars were used in many different GM vehicles, they are generic.

Also, plenty of hacks will tap the Ciggy lighter wire for sound amps, big wires and big amperage. Look for chopped wires. We see that ALL the time.

Last edited: