• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Oldsmobile owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

1994 Olds 98 Regency

jalaniz1989

Reaction score
Thanks to anyone offering their input on this discussion
I have a '94 Ninety-Eight that is having a number of issues, that I'm guessing are related.

1) Losing brake fluid with no visible leaks
2) Engine dying when brakes are pressed for too long, or going through curves
3) Engine shuttering like it's going to stall out when certain speeds aren't maintained
4) Traction light is on (assuming this has to do with the brake fluid loss)

The MAF Sensor was replaced less than a year ago.
The Brake lines have all been replaced in the last year.
Water pump was replaced in July 2021.

Any thoughts or insight that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. This car has a great deal of sentimental value to me.

ReggieEL

Reaction score
To start I would check for vacuum leaks. Check around the carbon canister on the drivers side front of the engine bay and all of the black tubes and fittings that come off of it. There is one fitting around there; I think it is a T shaped rubber fitting that can dry out and cause similar problems when it leaks air.