1992 Low Fuel Stalling

hulk66049

Reaction score
I picked up this '92 Ninety-Eight (just over 100k miles on it) about 2 months ago and still figuring out it's quirks, but one has me wondering what's going on.

It drives fine until I get to about 1/4 of a tank left of fuel. Once I start getting around 240+ miles from a fuel up, it will start stalling after making right turns.

Driving straight, starting, stopping, all fine, I can make left turns without a problem, but as soon as I make a right turn the engine hesitates, but doesn't die, before continuing on.

The first several times this happened I headed straight for a gas station assuming I was on fumes and the gauge want reading accurately, but only put 14-16 gallons in. According to the manual, the car should have an 18 gallon tank.

I'm wondering if there's something with the tank design and maybe once it starts getting low, I'm stalling due to sediment in the tank or something. Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has insight.

David

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at fuel filter ( may be clogged or old or dirty) or the fuel pump is going because of age and time. Check your fuel pressure too. There is fuel pressure regulator on the car as well.