1990-92 production numbers

goldsmobile

Reaction score
Here is the info I got from Oldsmobile customer service recently, 1990 toronado and trofeo production numbers go into some detail and breakdown.1991 and 1992, however, do not go into any breakdowns:

"After researching the information you requested concerning various different
Oldsmobile makes and models, the following is the only information I am able to gather for you:

1990 Toronado Coupe-Production code-3EZ57-Total vehicles produced-5592 vehicles. Of those vehicles, 63 were produced with the Regular Production Code (RPO) of UZ3-mobile telephone with keypad control/443 vehicles were produced with the RPO code U68-Driver's information Center, and RPO code VIC-Mobil phone instrument kit/46 vehicles were produced with the RPO codes UZ3-mobile telephone with keypad, and RPO code U68- Driver's Information Center/602 vehicles were produced with the RPO code of CF5-Astro Roof

1990 Toronado Trofeo-Production Code-3EV57-Total vehicle produced-9426 vehicles. Of those vehicles, 945 vehicles were produced with RPO code UZ3-mobile telephone with keypad/ 945 vehicles were produced with the RPO codes of U68-Driver's Information Center, and VIC-mobile phone instrument kit/830 vehicles were produced with the RPO codes UZ3-mobile telephone with keypad, and U68-Driver's Information Center/3852 vehicles were produced with RPO code- CF5-Astro Roof.

1991- Toronado Coupe with production code - 3EZ57 - 2705 vehicles
- Toronado Trofeo with production code - 3EV57 -5348 vehicles

1992- Toronado Coupe with production code - 3EZ57-1239 vehicles
-Toronado Trofeo with production code - 3EV57-5197 vehicles

Further breakdown by colors or any additional options are not available."

Production numbers are straight from the horse's mouth my friends, if anyone can breakdown the 1991-92 toronados and trofeos by colors or additional options from a reliable source (directly from Oldsmobile archives or customer service) please add them in the future. I will try harder to get that info from them soon, but I may not have any luck, as stated above from Olds customer service department, this info is not available at this time to me, or possibly to anyone. I sure would like to know how many light metallic driftwood 1992toronados were built with a split bench seat.

noahsdad

Reaction score
Two things stand out about these numbers. First, the 90-92 Toro/Trofeo was not a hot seller, and second, that they were very well built cars. I say that because when you look at these small production numbers, and compare that to the number of these cars still on the road - it's remarkable!

I've been in love with the final generation Toro/Trofeos since I test drove a brand new one in 1991. Couldn't afford one then, and still haven't found the right one, but I will!

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Staff member
Reaction score
You press on and press forward and you go for your dream Toronado. I did and I got it. I am having to do some work on it, but it is worth it and it is fun. I totally agree about the build quality. I can see the difference between the Toronado and my Ninety Eight. I noticed that in the fenders and the other parts and the other things I have observed working on my car. I am not saying my Ninety Eight is a poorly built car, because it is not. You see more effort and build was put into the Toronado.

As for the sales figures.. You are correct. I see more Rivieras and Eldorados on Ebay and other car websites. That is why in 1992, Oldsmobile dropped Toronado for two reasons. The first one was sales, the second one was the coming of Aurora. Oldsmobile was in a bad position in 1992.

alfredosmith

Reaction score
This was interesting to find. So this means that in 1990, there almost twice as many Trofeo's produced as there were non-Trofeos?

Also, what is "astro-roof"... fancy word for sunroof?

T5258

Reaction score
yes, astro roof is the power moonroof....if you want a breakdown of options etc on your particular Trofeo...go to: www.compnine.com. Go to "research", VIN decoder (have your VIN handy) plug it in & it'll break down all the options your car has, as well as how many were built w/each option...very cool site....

alfredosmith

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Very interesting site! my toro is one of only 2 with that match the options list. Also, to my surprise, it came with the cellular phone option. I did not yet check if its in there or not though

I wonder what "Control - Sales item no 42" is.. mine is one of only 292 cars equipped. hmmmm...

Hey T5258.... any nice options on your toro?

trofeo22

Reaction score
1992 trofeo

i wonder what production mine was because i have very option astro roof vic,cell, heated wind shield , wonder i have 1991 and 1992 and still love them soo sexy never get tried of looking at them

Rocketguy

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Very interesting site! my toro is one of only 2 with that match the options list. Also, to my surprise, it came with the cellular phone option. I did not yet check if its in there or not though

I wonder what "Control - Sales item no 42" is.. mine is one of only 292 cars equipped. hmmmm...

Hey T5258.... any nice options on your toro?
Alfredosmith,

What is the option code for sales item 42?

Hurk

Reaction score
The last toro of the line!

Anyone know what 92 toronado is the last one off the line? i know it was may 28 1992, mine was built may of 92 and the odds are slim to none that car is mine but how could I find out?

Trofeo

Reaction score
Anyone know what 92 toronado is the last one off the line? i know it was may 28 1992, mine was built may of 92 and the odds are slim to none that car is mine but how could I find out?

You can't... at least not that accurately... GM sucked at keeping those kind of specific stats.

Reaction score
Two things stand out about these numbers. First, the 90-92 Toro/Trofeo was not a hot seller, and second, that they were very well built cars. I say that because when you look at these small production numbers, and compare that to the number of these cars still on the road - it's remarkable!

I've been in love with the final generation Toro/Trofeos since I test drove a brand new one in 1991. Couldn't afford one then, and still haven't found the right one, but I will!
I have a Fire Red 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo in mint condition with a white Rag Top. It has 26,000 miles, and the built in cell phone. It is a one owner car. If interested call me at 503-631-2703. My name is Trish, or e-mail me at trishginther@gmail.com.