1980 Olds Cutlass Supreme Sterling

sterling

Reaction score
I have owned a 1980 Olds Cutlass Supreme Sterling for some time and I have never seen or heard about this model before or since. Is this car rare?

delta8884

Reaction score
first off welcome to OF and enjoy

now i could be wrong but i think they only made
oldsmobile cutlass
oldsmobile cutlass supreme
oldsmobile cutlass calais...78-84
oldsmobile cutlass salon78-80.......i also think in 85 or 87

i know someone will jump on this and correct me ,but this is if memorie serves me right ...

PETE Q

DrRansom442

Reaction score
Originally posted by delta8884@Aug 21 2005, 09:50 PM

oldsmobile cutlass

i know someone will jump on this and correct me ,but this is if memorie serves me right ...

PETE Q
[snapback]11470[/snapback]​

never heard of a Sterling myself but the Supreme Brougham was treated as a seperate model and you also had the H/Os, the 442s and the 88 GT as models. The Salon originally was the fastback model but came back to replace the Calais, as the model the 442 was based upon, when the Calais became a fwd

DrRansom442

Reaction score
Originally posted by DrRansom442+Aug 21 2005, 10:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrRansom442 @ Aug 21 2005, 10:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-delta8884@Aug 21 2005, 09:50 PM

oldsmobile cutlass

PETE Q
[snapback]11470[/snapback]​

never heard of a Sterling myself but the Supreme Brougham was treated as a seperate model and you also had the H/Os, the 442s and the 88 GT as models. The Salon originally was the fastback model but came back to replace the Calais, as the model the 442 was based upon, when the Calais became a fwd
[snapback]11471[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Oh I forgot there was some sort of "Special Edition" I found one in a boneyard, never could figure out how it was different from any other Supreme (aside from the center dash trim with the "Special Edition" emblem).... I liked that so I swiped the piece I still have it, if my Calais didn't have a clock, I'd probably put it on, I may after I install my stereo

sterling

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, but I am still in the dark about this. If Olds makes it a point to install a stainless steel top trim piece (Landau style) that says "Sterling" and under that "Cutlass", then it sounds like I have an odd duck of some sort. Unfortunately, it seems that this is a very obscure item and I have no clue how to run this info down. I wonder if I can run this down via my vin number? Then, who is the rare car meister? Does Olds have a collector department? Thank you for your patience.

DrRansom442

Reaction score
Originally posted by sterling@Aug 25 2005, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the response, but I am still in the dark about this. If Olds makes it a point to install a stainless steel top trim piece (Landau style) that says "Sterling" and under that "Cutlass", then it sounds like I have an odd duck of some sort. Unfortunately, it seems that this is a very obscure item and I have no clue how to run this info down. I wonder if I can run this down via my vin number? Then, who is the rare car meister? Does Olds have a collector department? Thank you for your patience.
[snapback]11643[/snapback]​

may not have even been Olds, lots of conversion company and dealer options that may have existed at the time, got pix?

Orttho69

Reaction score
I have owned a 1980 Olds Cutlass Supreme Sterling for some time and I have never seen or heard about this model before or since. Is this car rare?
I live in Eugene Oregon and I just saw a blue one in a used car lot. I can’t find any information nor have I ever heard of a cutlass sterling, but there it was. I have pics. I’ve noticed that there’s extra trim across the top and down the sail panels. Calling tomorrow to see what’s up.