‘87 Toronado stalling out, unsure of problem

RaymondP22

Reaction score
Hi y’all! Ive had my toronado since November, with no issues whatsoever. Now seemingly out of the blue it has started stalling out, then proceeding to miss pretty heavy the whole way home. I never have an issue starting the car afterwards. I have to two-foot it the whole way after because it just wants to stall out. I have changed my spark plugs, new oxygen sensor, new fuel pump. issue may lay with the computer because I am getting a “too-lean” alert and no-improvement after changing the oxygen sensor. Anyone have any ideas or seen a similar issue? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

retroren

Reaction score
Hi y’all! Ive had my toronado since November, with no issues whatsoever. Now seemingly out of the blue it has started stalling out, then proceeding to miss pretty heavy the whole way home. I never have an issue starting the car afterwards. I have to two-foot it the whole way after because it just wants to stall out. I have changed my spark plugs, new oxygen sensor, new fuel pump. issue may lay with the computer because I am getting a “too-lean” alert and no-improvement after changing the oxygen sensor. Anyone have any ideas or seen a similar issue? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
The coil pack and or the ignition module may be failing. Not sure if you have the old coil brick where all 6 spark plug wires plug into it. If you do, you can change to 3 of the 2-pack coils. I've experienced the same symptoms as you and it's been either the coils or ignition module. I usually have a couple of each that I salvaged from the junk yard. Also did you change the ignition wires? Let me know how it's going. Ren