oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Forums Announcements > Oldsmobile Forums Announcements

Notices

Oldsmobile Forums Announcements Check out this area for announcements in regards to the website and forums.

Oldsmobile Forum: Your ideas are needed...

Old February 19th, 2005
Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano has disabled reputation
I'm very happy to see that our membership is growing. With over 600 registered members, I think this place is doing very well. We haven't had many suggestions from our visitors, though. The only way we can continue to grow and improve is with input from you. What are we missing here? There must be Something we're not doing perfectly. Please take a moment to visit the Suggestion Forum and let us know how we can improve. It's very important to us because we're getting quite a few signups every day and we'd really like to make a good first impression for these new visitors. Not only that, but we really want you to enjoy your time spent here. This is an online Oldsmobile club. Let's make this the best Oldsmobile web site online...

Thank you...

Get your next car or truck for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Old August 24th, 2005

Dove
Sal-

I'm new and would like to see the groupings by decades as well as models. I have a 1965 Dynamic Holiday Coupe and wading through all the 'new' olds posts is rather tedious.

But still-

love it.

Charlie
Old August 24th, 2005

jacke chilson is an unknown quantity at this point
A section pre 60 oldsmobiles would be nice since i dont see many post about them and i know they are out there need to embrace all oldsmobile owners and collectors.
Old August 25th, 2005

DrRansom442
Quote:
Originally posted by Sal Collaziano@Feb 19 2005, 11:52 AM
I'm very happy to see that our membership is growing. With over 600 registered members, I think this place is doing very well. We haven't had many suggestions from our visitors, though. The only way we can continue to grow and improve is with input from you. What are we missing here? There must be Something we're not doing perfectly. Please take a moment to visit the Suggestion Forum and let us know how we can improve. It's very important to us because we're getting quite a few signups every day and we'd really like to make a good first impression for these new visitors. Not only that, but we really want you to enjoy your time spent here. This is an online Oldsmobile club. Let's make this the best Oldsmobile web site online...

Thank you...
[snapback]5108[/snapback]

well you broke 88 and 98 apart, how about a clearer catagory then "Cutlass", after all what would my G body have in common with a Cutlass Ciera ..... somewhere someone with a 65 442 is probably asking the same question about my Calais :huh: Its all good, I'd love to have one just out of my means
Old September 6th, 2005
The Topless Administrator

jeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond reputejeremy has a reputation beyond repute
DrRansom: I agree with you to a certain extent. I as a Cutlass Supreme owner don't like seeing question about the Calais or the Cieras, but I can also say that there are SO many generations of the Supremes, even with it's own "Supreme" section there will be a ton of topics that won't interest you. I know that a problem with my electronic dual digital climate control in my '97 Cutty will be just as irrelevant to you as well.
Old October 1st, 2011

wizarddrummer is on a distinguished road
how bout responding to users that ask you questions.

I asked several times what requirements are necessary to change from "New Member" status (where we can't post images or relevant links THAT QUITE POSSIBLY BE VERY INTERESTING FOR YOUR MEMEMBERS to that of regular member. Do i have to make 30 comments? What?
People on this board are interested in Oldsmobiles perhaps other classic cars. I wanted to let people know about a Swap meet and a place that has lots of oldsmobile shells and classic muscle cars for sale. but I have been unable to do that.
Over the years I have joined more than 500 forums / newsroups etc.; mostly technical in nature. You want your forum to grow then you need to make it a little "easier" for new members to discuss things.

Doesn't take but a second to spot a post that's spam.

Perhaps you can set the sofware up to notify you when a NEW member posts something so that you can check it out.
Old December 12th, 2011

91trofeowner is on a distinguished road
parts to improve fe of trofeos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post

Thank you...
That sounds good.I have a '91 Trofeo with 3800, auto w/o.d. and this factory setup only yields 21 mpg, while same size/same weight 2000 Buick Century with exact same setup gets 30 mpg.
I'd love to know if there are any techs who can explain WHY this is so and what parts I can get to upgrade my guzzling Trofeo and make it a sipper, since this should be just interchangeable, upgradeable parts-right?
Anybody got answers?
Thanks
trofeowner aka rockinaxemike@yahoo.com
Old December 24th, 2011

biscuit is on a distinguished road
biscuit

hi there..im new to the forum and i thought id give my 2 cents to your problem...firstof all did the car ever get 30mpg.and if it didnt from new its possible the diff ratios is low..what does the engine rev at 60mph.if its 1500 then it should get good mileage. if its 1900 it wont get as good.
Old September 30th, 2012

Rocketguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Sal,

Thank you for asking.

1. I understand that the spam controls need to be in place and working, but. . . they are really not working in a sense. They are too strict and are restricting traffic to the site. I know you have seen that this is a real turn off for some, and we ALL want to see pics, right? It has to be tough for you. I have sent you several PMs on this subject that do not get answers and you are probably getting a lot more from others. This has to be creating a lot more work for you.

Is it possible to lighten them up a bit and then rely on the moderators to help control it?

Can we at least let the users know when they will be able to post pics?

2. There are some models that are over 20 years old now and starting to get a lot more interest. I think the site needs its own threads for the Touring Sedan, the LSS, and the Regency. The TS definitely needs its own thread. After all, starting in 1988 it achieved model status as evidenced by the "V" in the Vin number. The LSS and Regency could be combined to LSS/Regency. The TS has totally come in to its own, and though the LSS has not quite yet it DEFINITELY will. We should be ready for it!

3. We have three threads for the "88" models. I admit, Oldsmobile had the:

"88"

Jetstar 88

Delmont 88

Delta 88

Eighty Eight

This is nothing but confusing, and I don't think its necessary that we have a thread for the "Oldsmobile Eighty Eight "88", the "Eighty Eight FWD" and the "Eighty Eight RWD". The one that says "Oldsmobile Eighty Eight (88)" just leads to the other two anyway, so I think that one could be eliminated.

SO: I suggest that we eliminate the "Oldsmobile Eighty Eight "88" thread, keep the Eighty Eight FWD and RWD threads, and create new threads for the Touring Sedan, and the LSS/Regency. If you build them, they will come!

Thank you : )
Old October 6th, 2012

joshberg65 is on a distinguished road
So far, I'm just looking for a way to feel more a part of the community. I'm very much into my Oldsmobile project car and I just want a community I can share with. I've started a Car Domain page and a few other things to try to become part of a community that loves Oldsmobiles, but so far it feels like I'm making teh efforts without a lot of connections being made.

Thanks for creating a site like this, though!