oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Forums Announcements > Oldsmobile Forums Announcements

Notices

Oldsmobile Forums Announcements Check out this area for announcements in regards to the website and forums.

Oldsmobile Forum: Upgrade / Migration Complete

Old September 14th, 2005
Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano has disabled reputation
Upgrade / Migration Complete

Yes, we've moved to vBulletin. Some things may be a little out of wack.. Everything will be back to normal in time... One thing we've definitely lost is attachments.. I know, that stinks... More details to follow...

Update: Sorry. It looks like everyone will need to reset their passwords......

Another update. User profiles need to be updated.. It's really up to you if you want to do it.. The option is in your User CP.

Get your next car or truck for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Old September 14th, 2005

CutlassSupreme3800 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks Sal, if ya need help just ask
Old September 15th, 2005

DrRansom442
OK I figured out enabling my avatar and viewing images/signatures, but my signature seems to be AWOL and I can't find the link to add/edit
Old September 15th, 2005

DrRansom442
Don't wanna sound like a pain, I'm sure this kind of switch is a daunting task, but you may wanna know HTML isn't showing (can't find the enable) and I can't find the link for the photo albums
Old September 15th, 2005

Gearhead
Man o man...what happened during the upgrade? I own www.jrxs.net , and i need to upgrad to 2.1.0. what when wrong with the forum that made you change forum brands?
Old September 15th, 2005
Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano has disabled reputation
HTML is replaced with vB Code.. You may want to look at the FAQ for information. But there was no HTML with the other sytem either. It was basically the same deal.

Signatures are a "Supporting Member" option. I need to get this place funded atleast a little bit and signatures are an incentive.. Moderators and administrators have them as they're putting in time to keep this place running...

A lot of people are having trouble with this upgrade.. I attempted to go from 2.0.4 to 2.1.0 and it failed. Since InvisionBoard is so slow to respond, I deemed it necessary to switch to vBulletin just to get the place back up and running again. Restoring from a backup wasn't working properly either. More or less, it was just a good excuse to switch to vBulletin, which most people prefer anyway...

Get your next car or truck for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!