oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Most Recent Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Intrigue

Oldsmobile Intrigue Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Intrigue based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: 02 intrigue abs,ses,trac light on

Old September 24th, 2018

mrhappypantz is on a distinguished road
02 intrigue abs,ses,trac light on

Hi, first i will say i have replaced front left and righht wheel hub assemblys over past 2 yrs,then i had the 3 warning lights again abs,ses,trac off light up, replaced right front harness, light went away, 2 weeks later lights came back, i can clear codes but lights remain on sometimes, but no codes show, but check codes again after drivi,g code or codes are bsck. I checked ohms to sensor 1085 ir so,checked dc volts on harness with key on at the sensor connection 4.85, checked ac voltage at sensors and the volts go up when i turn each wheel,codes i get is c0040 and sometimes c0035,and sometimes with those codes c0245? Only thing that stands iut is when checking ohms on right front if i lift the connector and wire to sensor while checking ihms reading sometims goes from 1085 to OL, move wire again then back to 1085? I dont see any broke wire on sensor connector to hub as far as i can see, any ideas? Any other tests to know if its that sensr connector to hub that is issue? Realkt dint want to replace hub again if its not that, just reolaced it 6 months ago.

Old September 24th, 2018

01OldsIntrigueOwner is on a distinguished road
Check the fuse under the hood (it's a 10A standard fuse, not maxi fuse or relays) to see if it's blown. I'd also do a light bulb test on the ABS wiring to see if it lights up or not. If it does, the wiring is good. If not, check the fuse as I stated. Use the ACDelco brand hub assemblies since the cheap Chinese POS quits after 1 second. My 2001 Intrigue has that issue and one of the magnets broke or disintegrated, which caused a gap 6 years later (was on and off, then back on, and staying on).
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Fuse fine, more involved than just using a test light on abs wiring. But I have checked sensor ohms,ok(1085 ohms) both fronts similar. Checked we iressa back up to pcmr 4.8 volts d.c. checked (ac voltage (spinning wheel and volts increased using volt meter, one issue not sure if related but also sometimes turn key to start and all lights on dash start flashing, I turn key off and back on then starts. Sometimes even while driving the dash lights will start flashing and car almost dies or sometimes does die. Can all this be related? Abs,traction and service light will come on soon after starting car sometimes even before moving wheel or putting in gear. Even after just clearing codes?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I can slowly turn key and according to how far I move key can almost make all the lights on dash flash. And also can do the same thing (in park still) do some thing slowly with key and get the relay sound under dash sound like the dash lights are flashing again but lights not flashing but relatively is making exact sound as if the lights were flashing? Weird stuff. Can abs ,traction etc all be related in some way? Along with all the dash lights flashing intermittent?