oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Most Recent Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Aurora

Notices

Oldsmobile Aurora Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Aurora based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: accident today

Old January 14th, 2005

02aurora
Question

A girl hit me almost head on today. Both front air bags deployed. My guage cluster is in about 4 pieces. My stereo, and the woodwork around it is popping out, my windshield is cracked, the radiator is split right up the middle, part of the frame is actually resting on the ground.

I was able to drive it home, it happened 2 blocks up the road. Within 3 hours, my insurance agency- Progressive, had in on a Flatbed, on it's way to Abra to be fixed. Looks like I will be without it at least a week. The estimate hasn't been posted yet, and I am unsure if there's any motor damage. I'm hoping they don't have to disconnect my Jet module.

I'll keep you guys posted. Gotta love Minnesota winters!

Old January 14th, 2005

RoraStar96
Ouch!

Hopefully insurance comes thru for you, and get er back ASP. oh and try to stay sane
Old January 14th, 2005

jbritt67
I'm glad to hear that you're OK. Make sure your insurance company has a list of the extra accessories in the car, like the engine performance module, in case they should "disappear".
Old January 14th, 2005

02aurora
My insurance company is Progressive. They already are working on filing the claim with the other girls insurance. They also told me that they will get her insurance to pay my deductible. The gils admitted that it was totally her fault, and the police officer put that in her report, so I am pretty sure I am in the clear.

I also made a list of the extra accessories, and where their wiring goes, in case they need to move any of it, they know where all the wires are. I let them know about it, and put it in the glove box before they hauled it away on a flatbed. I should know the estimate today or tomorrow.

"Not so sane anymore"
Old January 14th, 2005

Glad to know you're okay 02aurora.
Old January 14th, 2005

w3rk5
Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 14 2005, 10:10 AM
Glad to know you're okay 02aurora.
[snapback]4497[/snapback]
That was me. :P
Old January 17th, 2005
UPDATE

I got my estimate today. The total in damages was $10,445. They said it should be done by February 2nd. Long time away, but at least I get it back. I guess I'll have to suffer with my rental car until then....2003 Neon. Damn thoes things are slow!
Old January 17th, 2005

02aurora
Quote:
Originally posted by UPDATE@Jan 17 2005, 07:18 PM
I got my estimate today. The total in damages was $10,445. They said it should be done by February 2nd. Long time away, but at least I get it back. I guess I'll have to suffer with my rental car until then....2003 Neon. Damn thoes things are slow!
[snapback]4532[/snapback]
Sorry, didn't realize I wasn't logged in....
Old January 17th, 2005

Aurora40
WOW! Well, you came out ok, so the car did its job! Glad you are alright. How did you get in a head-on? Did the girl turn in front of you or something like that? I hope they make it good as new.

P.S. Couldn't you have washed it up a bit before taking the photos? just kidding!!
Old January 17th, 2005

Marc
02Aurora.....I'm glad that you came through this OK and
that your Aurora can be repaired.

GM!!! BRING BACK OLDS!!!