oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Most Recent Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Intrigue

Notices

Oldsmobile Intrigue Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Intrigue based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: 2000 Intrigue Fuel Sending Unit

Old 1 Week Ago

ibis64 is on a distinguished road
2000 Intrigue Fuel Sending Unit

I have to repair or replace the unit on my Intrigue. I’m looking for information on where the fuel pump and the sending unit are located?

I’m getting conflicting information as to whether the unit is located in the truck or under the rear seat?

Thanks!

Old 1 Week Ago

Cutlass350 is on a distinguished road
On an Intrigue you have to drop the fuel tank. Fwiw, that's common of GM cars made around 2000.

Fwiw, I suggest that you grab a Dealer Service manual for a *2000* Intrigue on ebay, before they become even more $$$$ in cost. Last I checked, ~$150+ is common. There are fewer and fewer of those manuals out there.
Make sure you get the SAME year as your car. The 1999 and 1998 manuals have limited use for a 2000+ Intrigue. And, the 2001, 2002 manuals have other things.

Good Luck!
Old 1 Week Ago

C&C is on a distinguished road
The service manual for 2000 Intrigue says to remove trunk liner and then remove the access panel to gain access to the fuel sending unit.
Old 1 Week Ago

mikeaurora is on a distinguished road
I have a 2000 intrigue, found a 2001 for a neighbor and found another 2001 for a sister in law-they all have crappy fuel gauges. We all reset the odometer to zero on gas fillups, and get gas between 150 and 200 miles of local, city driving. I did drive my Intrigue to Los Angeles and back a few years ago and, on the open road, would go as much as 525 miles between fill ups (I got 32+ MPG for the entire 5600 mile round trip), but I did carry about 3 gallons of gas just in case. Horrible gas tank sensors for fuel level.

Last edited by mikeaurora; 1 Week Ago at 02:49 AM.