oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > General Oldsmobile Non-Model Specific Discussion

General Oldsmobile Non-Model Specific Discussion Section for discussions regarding "Oldsmobile" in general. Not for model-specific discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Oldsmobile Complimentary Cassette - would someone be able to tell me the year ?

Old April 4th, 2009

s2kdriver80 is on a distinguished road
Question Oldsmobile Complimentary Cassette - would someone be able to tell me the year ?

Hello, my father once had an Oldsmobile (I believe from the early 80s) and it came with an Oldsmobile Complimentary Tape Cartridge. It was a standard cassette, not one of the older 8 track style cartridges.

The first song on the first side was "September Morn" by Neil Diamond and the last song on the first side was "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson. Given this information, would someone be able to tell me what model year of the car that tape came with? I've been trying to find this tape for some time but could never seen to find one anywhere.

Thanks.

Old April 4th, 2009

pogster is on a distinguished road
Interesting question. My uncle bought his second Olds 98 which was a first gen FWD. They were made from 85 to 90. I don't believe it had the flush headlights which were introduced in 87 so it was either a 1985 or 86. I remember when he bought it he came over to give my mom a ride and I recall her saying how nice a car it was and it even came with a cassette tape that she really liked. His first new Olds 98 (a 1982) apparently didn't come with a tape because I recall him joking about how Oldsmobile had to include the tapes to make up for the smaller size car. It could be Olds included the tapes in other years but his first Olds, the 82, didn't come with a tape. So which years Olds included the tapes I don't know. Was your father's car a FWD or RWD?

I did find this though: http://www.blujay.com/?page=ad&adid=...8&cat=13031400

Not the one you are looking for I know but Google 'Oldsmobile complimentary tape' and see what you come up with.

Also check ebay. Good luck.

Last edited by pogster; April 4th, 2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old April 4th, 2009

s2kdriver80 is on a distinguished road
Thanks pogster - I'm already ahead of you. Already exhausted the google method and looked at that same link. That cassette was not from the same year judging from the song list. Things come up on ebay from time to time, I guess I'll monitor what people put up for sale. Thanks for the reply though.
Old June 14th, 2010

John Shortman is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi
I read your note with interest as I too was looking for this tape for different reasons. You may already have found where you can get a copy as its been over a year since you posted your note.
I obtained my copy of the tape "Its 1982" when I was working for GM and during a visit to Alabama was given an Oldsmobile company car. The tape was in it, so as it was so good I kept it. We played it for years and still have it. I was looking on the internet to get the name of the tunes as we now can't read one side. I live in England
I found a site where you can buy this tape if you haven't found it yet.
www.8-track-shack.com
Regards
John
Old April 3rd, 2011

Heathbo is on a distinguished road
1982 oldsmobile demo tape

Can anyone give me the song and artist list from this? Have been all over the Internet and can't fund it.
Old September 9th, 2012

okdlm is on a distinguished road
Smile Cassettes that came with Oldsmobile cars from dealers

I had a 1980 Olds Cutlass Supreme that came with a cassette that had various artists songs on it. I have been trying to find this cassette for years since I flat out wore out the other one and did not have sense enough to right down all the songs and artists before hand. If anyone knows where this tape or any other tapes from other years can be found, PLEASE, let me know as I would really like to have those tapes or copies thereof. Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.
Old December 2nd, 2012

smithy777 is on a distinguished road
Oldsmobile Complimentary Cassette - would someone be able to tell me the year ?

I was running through some stuff stored in a closet. I found a copy of the cassette tape you mentioned. Looks like it might be from 1982. Are you still interested in anything about the tape? The first song on the other side is Champaign How 'Bout Us and the last one looks like a variety of orchestra moments.