oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Older Requested Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98)

Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98) Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98) based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Post your 98's miles!

Old May 1st, 2010
Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY has disabled reputation
The Ninety Eight Touring Sedans had color combos like yours. The 1991-1993 Oldsmobile Ninety Eights had many two tone color combinations. I saw Touring Sedans with dark gray lower body and dark gray grille. I think that is interesting you have two Ninety Eights. I thought about that myself, but I decided on a Toronado for the second car.

RANSOM ELI OLDS REINCARNATED

Old May 1st, 2010

Royale is on a distinguished road
Is that flat black or gloss ? Anyhow myself I probably would have went gunmetal metalic, more class but B&W is cool like the OLD NYS police cars.

Myself I also like the touch of chrome and if anything I would black the inside of the grill panels and leave the outside chrome, again class and thats what a land barge is all about.

On the outside I prefer the look of of a pre '91 Brougham to a Touring Sedan everyday of the week. The interior is another story but I like my brown velour brougham interior just fine, also prefer faux plood to lack of it, plain is not me, its for the Amish. I like the warmth of "special" touches... but Im old and thus old school... chrome rules
Old May 1st, 2010

Royale is on a distinguished road
BTW, that grill will look real good black after bugs and stones chip the black off down to the chrome... real nice...
Old May 2nd, 2010

tipsymcstager is on a distinguished road
it gloss black on the belt,it's a high impact (elastic) plastic paint so it's not as reflective as the factory paint would be.
some nice white walls, and chrome wire rim's or caps would set off even more

BTW, that grill will look real good black after bugs and stones chip the black off down to the chrome... real nice...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

well thats why preparation is a must, the chrome would have to come off first some top notch primer and a (for) plastic paint!
or a powder coat even! who know's
now that i think of it i'll start looking to see if anyone makes a
front bra, in black of course! and save me a hard time

Last edited by tipsymcstager; May 2nd, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old May 4th, 2010

95nientyeight is on a distinguished road
158K.
Got the car from my uncle and already put 1k in less than 5 months
Old May 22nd, 2010

bluebetsy72 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96OldsNinetyEight View Post
Let's see how many miles we all have! Post any rebuilds and modifications done also.

96OldsNinetyEight - Tranny, 2nd and currently @ 124,000 -Original Engine, (stock everything, just maintenance) @ 289,000 -Body, 289,000
1972 with 52,200
Old June 24th, 2010

80regency is on a distinguished road
mine has 60,000km on it nothing has been replaced its brand new still
Old July 7th, 2010

helo735 is on a distinguished road
1991 98 Regency Elite

165K...still nursing it back to health after the PO ran it without a thermostat for God knows how long with cheap oil in it, and sludged it all to hell.
Old July 14th, 2010

CSTXCustoms is on a distinguished road
I'm actually new to these forums but I have been looking for a forum specifically for oldsmobiles! My grandmother actually owned a 1984 oldsmobile 98 Regecy and she kept it garage kept for years always cleaning on it and keeping it spotless. It is all original except for the iginition. the odometer reads like 16,000 miles im not sure if it has rolled over at all but i'm pretty sure this car might have 16,000 original miles i'm actually in the process of finding out. she only put 5,000 miles in a 15 year period so thats it very well could be possible. She is actually isn't doing so well so she has passed this car onto me, so I will be fully restoring it and will post pictures for sure. Does anyone know of any oldsmobiles that survived with the burgundy leather I still haven't seen one online? Mine has the leather and in almost mint condition. It is a Cream paint job with a cream top and the vinyl is 97% condition. I will post pics of the before and after of this project. Any comments are welcome.

Last edited by CSTXCustoms; July 14th, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old July 16th, 2010

djdrewoldzking is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSTXCustoms View Post
I'm actually new to these forums but I have been looking for a forum specifically for oldsmobiles! My grandmother actually owned a 1984 oldsmobile 98 Regecy and she kept it garage kept for years always cleaning on it and keeping it spotless. It is all original except for the iginition. the odometer reads like 16,000 miles im not sure if it has rolled over at all but i'm pretty sure this car might have 16,000 original miles i'm actually in the process of finding out. she only put 5,000 miles in a 15 year period so thats it very well could be possible. She is actually isn't doing so well so she has passed this car onto me, so I will be fully restoring it and will post pictures for sure. Does anyone know of any oldsmobiles that survived with the burgundy leather I still haven't seen one online? Mine has the leather and in almost mint condition. It is a Cream paint job with a cream top and the vinyl is 97% condition. I will post pics of the before and after of this project. Any comments are welcome.

Please post pics of it...Sounds like a real jewel....My 1995 98 has just rolled over to 123000 on the dot as of tonite on my way to work...Original engine and trans...replaced water pump...tranny fluid drain and filter...flushed the radiator...replaced the whole suspension system and replaced one hub barring.