oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Older Requested Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98)

Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98) Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight (98) based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: '94 regency elite won't turn over

Old December 26th, 2011

mikehs is on a distinguished road
'94 regency elite won't crank after installing new battery

Just found this forum...great resource.

Owner of 1994, Olds 98 Regency Elite 3.8
Car was running fine, but battery is 5 years old...so due diligence, put in a new battery. I was very careful with the cables etc., did not over torque the connections...battery is holding a full charge.
Go to turn it over and nothing. information center displays error message "Hot AC disabled, then error code 9.
Appreciate any advice.

Mike

Just did a bit more digging...could this be related to the VATS PASSkey anti-theft module. Please tell me a simple battery swap did not disable my car....

Last edited by mikehs; December 26th, 2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: new info

Old December 27th, 2011

pogster is on a distinguished road
I had a similar thing happen to my car back in June. Took it to the dealer and they traced the problem to a "security circuit through the ignition cylinder open". The fix was to install a bypass resistor in the circuit. That's all that's on the invoice so I can't really tell you much about it.

Hard to say if that would be the same issue you are having or if its related to the HOT AC disabled message. But you would think if the AC were to get hot the compressor would be disabled rather than the whole car.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

redrum55 is on a distinguished road
I know this is an old thread. But i was wondering if you guys found a fix on this "Hot... AC Disabled" message that seems to turn off my olds while driving and wont turn back on till couple days later. Thank in advance.