oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums


Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Older Requested Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile 442

Notices

Oldsmobile 442 Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile 442 based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: fender trim vents??
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old June 2nd, 2005
tjensen78's Avatar
tjensen78 tjensen78 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: utah, lehi
Posts: 18
tjensen78
i am looking for the right-front fender vent on my 1966 442 cutlass convertable, also the tail light lenses, i cannot seem to find the parts i am looking for...
thank you all, and LONG LIVE THE 442!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 2nd, 2005
CutlassSupreme3800's Avatar
CutlassSupreme3800 CutlassSupreme3800 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 265
CutlassSupreme3800 is an unknown quantity at this point
call GM Parts Direct
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 3rd, 2005
Silverbird01's Avatar
Silverbird01 Silverbird01 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Winston-Salem,N.C.
Posts: 44
Silverbird01
Quote:
Originally posted by tjensen78@Jun 2 2005, 08:29 PM
i am looking for the right-front fender vent on my 1966 442 cutlass convertable, also the tail light lenses, i cannot seem to find the parts i am looking for...
thank you all, and LONG LIVE THE 442!!!!
[snapback]7753[/snapback]
My suggestion would be to check out something like Hemmings for these pieces. You could also check out any car shows/swap meets, AACA meets,local Olds clubs,ect..........You may just get lucky!
Both are pretty rare(1 year only). I do have some part numbers for you if that will help you in the search.

Fender Ornament Package "442" Option.......393408,393409 (L&R)

Tail Lamp Lens "442" Option........................5958022,5958021 (L&R)

Hope this helps!

I'm having the same problem with getting a "good' tail end panel for my '65 442.
All the ones I have seen for sale are pitted worse than mine!

Best of Luck on your 442.

Steven

PS: I just remembered. I think Fusick is reproducing the taillight lenses! I don't know how the quality is but it may be better than nothing.
Check it out here:

http://www.fusick.com/

See if that will help.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 3rd, 2005
Yogi442 Yogi442 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Blaine WA
Posts: 133
Yogi442
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverbird01+Jun 3 2005, 08:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silverbird01 @ Jun 3 2005, 08:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tjensen78@Jun 2 2005, 08:29 PM
i am looking for the right-front fender vent on my 1966 442 cutlass convertable, also the tail light lenses, i cannot seem to find the parts i am looking for...
thank you all, and LONG LIVE THE 442!!!!
[snapback]7753[/snapback]
My suggestion would be to check out something like Hemmings for these pieces. You could also check out any car shows/swap meets, AACA meets,local Olds clubs,ect..........You may just get lucky!
Both are pretty rare(1 year only). I do have some part numbers for you if that will help you in the search.

Fender Ornament Package "442" Option.......393408,393409 (L&R)

Tail Lamp Lens "442" Option........................5958022,5958021 (L&R)

Hope this helps!

I'm having the same problem with getting a "good' tail end panel for my '65 442.
All the ones I have seen for sale are pitted worse than mine!

Best of Luck on your 442.

Steven

PS: I just remembered. I think Fusick is reproducing the taillight lenses! I don't know how the quality is but it may be better than nothing.
Check it out here:

http://www.fusick.com/

See if that will help.
[snapback]7787[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
www.yearone.com for you tail light lens'
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 3rd, 2005
tjensen78's Avatar
tjensen78 tjensen78 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: utah, lehi
Posts: 18
tjensen78
Quote:
Originally posted by Yogi442+Jun 3 2005, 07:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yogi442 @ Jun 3 2005, 07:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverbird01@Jun 3 2005, 08:28 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-tjensen78
Quote:
@Jun 2 2005, 08:29 PM
i am looking for the right-front fender vent on my 1966 442 cutlass convertable, also the tail light lenses, i cannot seem to find the parts i am looking for...
thank you all, and LONG LIVE THE 442!!!!
[snapback]7753[/snapback]


My suggestion would be to check out something like Hemmings for these pieces. You could also check out any car shows/swap meets, AACA meets,local Olds clubs,ect..........You may just get lucky!
Both are pretty rare(1 year only). I do have some part numbers for you if that will help you in the search.

Fender Ornament Package "442" Option.......393408,393409 (L&R)

Tail Lamp Lens "442" Option........................5958022,5958021 (L&R)

Hope this helps!

I'm having the same problem with getting a "good' tail end panel for my '65 442.
All the ones I have seen for sale are pitted worse than mine!

Best of Luck on your 442.

Steven

PS: I just remembered. I think Fusick is reproducing the taillight lenses! I don't know how the quality is but it may be better than nothing.
Check it out here:

http://www.fusick.com/

See if that will help.
[snapback]7787[/snapback]
www.yearone.com for you tail light lens'
[snapback]7792[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]





Thanks, i will check it out!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 10th, 2005
Yogi442 Yogi442 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Blaine WA
Posts: 133
Yogi442
another place to look is:


http://www.billionsandtrillionsinc.com/olds.asp

they have a lot of used items...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 10th, 2005
tjensen78's Avatar
tjensen78 tjensen78 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: utah, lehi
Posts: 18
tjensen78
Quote:
Originally posted by Yogi442@Jun 10 2005, 07:29 AM
another place to look is:


http://www.billionsandtrillionsinc.com/olds.asp

they have a lot of used items...
[snapback]8252[/snapback]

Thanks yogi, oh and i found my taillight lenses on ebay!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 10th, 2005
Silverbird01's Avatar
Silverbird01 Silverbird01 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Winston-Salem,N.C.
Posts: 44
Silverbird01
Glad you found some lenses. Are they in pretty good condition? If you have any real small scratches or hazing on them,use some "Blue Magic" Metal Polish on them. Makes them look brand new again!
Any leads on the side vents yet?
As I'm sure you already found out, finding parts for these early 442's and Cutlass's is like looking for the proverbial hens teeth! There out there but you gotta search them out.

I can't wait to see your 442 convertible when shes done. Please post more pictures when you can.

Steven
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 12th, 2005
tjensen78's Avatar
tjensen78 tjensen78 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: utah, lehi
Posts: 18
tjensen78
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverbird01@Jun 10 2005, 07:39 PM
Glad you found some lenses. Are they in pretty good condition? If you have any real small scratches or hazing on them,use some "Blue Magic" Metal Polish on them. Makes them look brand new again!
Any leads on the side vents yet?
As I'm sure you already found out, finding parts for these early 442's and Cutlass's is like looking for the proverbial hens teeth! There out there but you gotta search them out.

I can't wait to see your 442 convertible when shes done. Please post more pictures when you can.

Steven
[snapback]8280[/snapback]

i emailed a guy on ebay who had the lenses, he said that he has both vents, but i havent heard back from him, i know they are out there somewhere, maybe in the ark o/covenant, elvis's back pocket....?????
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Advertising
cars connected social network




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
oldsmobileforums.com recognizes that "Oldsmobile", it's logos and various model names and numbers are registered trademarks of the General Motors Corporation. These terms are used for identification purposes only. oldsmobileforums.com is not affiliated in any way with the General Motors Corporation, Oldsmobile or any other company listed herein. All information on this site is the opinion of its members and not the opinion of the site itself. ©2017 oldsmobileforums.com. All rights reserved.
MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Oldsmobile? Check out your options at the links below:

Miss that Olds 442? Believe it or not, Kia may have something for you. The Kia Stinger is a large sport-oriented hatchback sedan in the mold of the Audi A7.