oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Older Requested Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile 442

Notices

Oldsmobile 442 Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile 442 based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: 1968 parts

Old June 7th, 2005
Lee Summers

Thumbs up

Hey everyone, I just got a 1968 442 project car and was wondering any good sources to get parts for it at are?
This is my first oldsmobile and im only 16.

Any help would be good
thanks
-Lee Summers

Old June 7th, 2005

omy442
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Summers@Jun 7 2005, 01:03 PM
Hey everyone, I just got a 1968 442 project car and was wondering any good sources to get parts for it at are?
This is my first oldsmobile and im only 16.

Any help would be good
thanks
-Lee Summers
[snapback]8061[/snapback]
Hello Lee,
It depends on the condition of the car, what you want to do with it, and how much money you are willing to spend in order to enjoy the car.
I've had my 68 442 since 87. I'm restoring (going on 5 years) another 68 442 now. I'd be happy to give you contact info of Oldsmobile Vendors and Suppliers.
There are plenty out there, just depends on what you need and of course $.

Jason
Old June 8th, 2005

jbritt67
Lee,

Go to Fusick Automotive and download their catalog for the 1964-72 A-body cars. Fusick manufactures the vast majority of aftermarket parts that the other guys (Year One, OPGI) sell.
Old June 17th, 2005

Yogi442
sorry, removed the link. The guy is a rip off jerk who wants far more than the parts are worth. I would not recomend them to anyone....
Old June 26th, 2005

ekohler
Quote:
Originally posted by Yogi442@Jun 17 2005, 08:50 AM
sorry, removed the link. The guy is a rip off jerk who wants far more than the parts are worth. I would not recomend them to anyone....
[snapback]8665[/snapback]

I am new to this forum and I would like to understand if the link you removed is related to the vendor above or some place else. Not wanting to challange any decisions, only to clearly learn from others.

I am also looking for parts suppliers and information sources related to 1968 Cutlass / 442's.

ekohler
Old June 26th, 2005

RocketScience442
Quote:
Originally posted by ekohler+Jun 26 2005, 02:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekohler @ Jun 26 2005, 02:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Yogi442@Jun 17 2005, 08:50 AM

I am new to this forum and I would like to understand if the link you removed is related to the vendor above or some place else. Not wanting to challange any decisions, only to clearly learn from others.

I am also looking for parts suppliers and information sources related to 1968 Cutlass / 442's.

ekohler
[snapback]9048[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

I have a '68 442 and LOTS of parts. You can find me listed as a supplier under Restoration Parts at 442.com [Rocket Science]. I have older used parts, as opposed to say Ron Memmer's NOS parts. Get yourself the $5 parts number CD, it has WAY more than "parts numbers" in it. Contact me for how to get that.

I wonder who the "ripoff jerk" was? Sometimes folks think I ask "too much money" for my stuff. In fact, sometimes I literally ask folks to "send me too much money." I guess it's not THAT much in the Grand Scheme of Things, 'cause I drive a 1990 Rocky 4WD pickup to save these Olds parts from extinction, not a 2006 model.

You can ck my reputation on eBay as well- user *the*RocketScientist, thousands of satisified buyers, and the occasional 1% pinhead that pays by forbidden personal ck and wonders why his parts are not sh'd yet then leaves negative feedback, like that'll help.

Welcome to Oldsmobile, welcome to the 1968 club, and WATCH YER HEAD on that hood- you '68 owners know what I mean there. Chris 517-449-0432. RocketScience442@hotmail.com
Old June 27th, 2005

Yogi442
Quote:
Originally posted by ekohler+Jun 26 2005, 01:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekohler @ Jun 26 2005, 01:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Yogi442@Jun 17 2005, 08:50 AM

ekohler
[/b][/quote]
no, has nothing to do with Fusick. They are reputable. The site I referenced does not show on my post as I removed it...
Old June 27th, 2005

Yogi442
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketScience442+Jun 26 2005, 06:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RocketScience442 @ Jun 26 2005, 06:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by ekohler@Jun 26 2005, 02:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Yogi442
Quote:
@Jun 17 2005, 08:50 AM

ekohler
I have a '68 442 and LOTS of parts. You can find me listed as a supplier under Restoration Parts at 442.com [Rocket Science]. I have older used parts, as opposed to say Ron Memmer's NOS parts. Get yourself the $5 parts number CD, it has WAY more than "parts numbers" in it. Contact me for how to get that.

I wonder who the "ripoff jerk" was? Sometimes folks think I ask "too much money" for my stuff. In fact, sometimes I literally ask folks to "send me too much money." I guess it's not THAT much in the Grand Scheme of Things, 'cause I drive a 1990 Rocky 4WD pickup to save these Olds parts from extinction, not a 2006 model.

You can ck my reputation on eBay as well- user *the*RocketScientist, thousands of satisified buyers, and the occasional 1% pinhead that pays by forbidden personal ck and wonders why his parts are not sh'd yet then leaves negative feedback, like that'll help.

Welcome to Oldsmobile, welcome to the 1968 club, and WATCH YER HEAD on that hood- you '68 owners know what I mean there. Chris 517-449-0432. RocketScience442@hotmail.com
[snapback]9057[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
not to worry, you are not the source I referred to. Let's put it this way, I was referred to Ron since the part we were looking for was quoted at 3 times what it could be purchased for. Worse is the guy actually believed there was nothing wrong with ripping people off. In turn he loses customers. I tried to locate your site though...www.RestorationParts@442.com? Is this correct. I would like to check out what you have available.
thanks
Old June 27th, 2005

allpro1975
I've been to his site. I accessed it through a link at 442.com. I don't remember what all he has but I'm going back to check it out!