oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > General Oldsmobile Non-Model Specific Discussion

General Oldsmobile Non-Model Specific Discussion Section for discussions regarding "Oldsmobile" in general. Not for model-specific discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: THE OLDSMOBILE LETTERS AND SYMBOL IS GONE

Old May 28th, 2005

stevensolds
I hated how they took down Oldsmobile stuff too. There used to be a big ass A U R O R A by Oldsmobile banner with a White Classic coming out of the side, showing the trees going by (as if in motion) in the service department. They even took that down. That disappointed me. They have all the other crappy old folks Buick Regals and Saab's up there but not that Aurora banner. I asked them if they still had it and they looked at me funny and said they tossed it. Idiots.

Old June 4th, 2005

Letitroll98
So I'm driving down Rt 30 in the middle of Nowhere, PA and up ahead is an Oldsmobile dealership sign! Wow, kewl. Then as I get closer, all weeds for a lot and one broken down ricer. They didn't even bother to board up the windows. Talk about dissapointment..
Old June 5th, 2005

77salon
I know some people like the new emblem, but I'm still partial to the old (sic) emblem, since that was the emblem I grew up with. I too hope that the name is only dormant, as I always wished to buy a new Olds...now I can't
Seems to me that if GM had any sense, they would bring the brand back, maybe by using a Skunk Works type operation, and give them autonomy to design Oldsmobiles as only these guys know how. I think that giving the brand a real chance, they could be a great boost to GM sales. On a more radical note, it would be great if someone could restart the division under license, or become independent from GM (worker owned). This brand still stirs loyalty, unlike some brands, and would be as good a seller as ever.

Sorry, just have to put in my two cents. I just get disgusted when I look at the new model offerings...nothing from GM looks good anymore, let alone from other brands.

Thanks,

77salon aka 663rd_Olds
Old June 6th, 2005

Yeah unlike Plymouth, Eagle, or AMC...We actually miss Oldsmobile. It's funny... GM was selling like 200,000 Oldsmobiles annually. What happened to the buyers stepping up to Cadillac or Buick??? GM called that one wrong. We could use that market share today....Oh well.....
Old June 6th, 2005

Gus Edwards
Oh, well, dee, ess - and what does that spell?
And GM is suffering for making that blatant mistake; what has always perturbed me was the seeming denial of the gravity of the situation, by the media and those who were responsible for making that decision; the real facts and figures, including what I know and have seen, do not jive with the official reasons given. With my own limited resources I made statements, wrote letters and sent e-mails; I'm sure that there were many others who did the same, but it all apparently fell on deaf ears, blind eyes, and possibly dead brains. But good always triumphs over evil, and I was delighted to read another article on this forum that suggested that the Oldsmobile division could be brought back to life without GM; that has been my thought on the issue; this could be something like a patriotic ministry, and should be treated like one; I would like to be a part of it, not only as a believer, but also as a partaker! - Gus Edwards/Cheryl B. Montoya