oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Most Recent Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Bravada

Notices

Oldsmobile Bravada Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Bravada based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Bravada no start after intake gasket \ fuel pump install

Old November 4th, 2017

Goodcatch is on a distinguished road
Bravada no start after intake gasket \ fuel pump install

Will be doing timing again tomorrow, seems easy enough to do. Lined up marks on shaft, got motor to tdc for cylinder 1, drop it in to the 6 on rotor. Got plenty of fuel pressure with key on, no leak down. 65 psi. Original issue was instant leak down when key off. Turned out it was fuel pump check valve. Replace intake gaskets, got all back together, no start. Got spark and fuel. There was one vacuum line in the back that i thought i removed from near dist or throttle body. Line comes from passenger side, runs thru back of tb area, and t,s off to driver side of vehicle. Not sure where it connects at throttle body area or drivers side? Could this line be cause of no start? Thanks for any help!

Old November 6th, 2017

I got it running good as new, was timing. Now today, its leaking fuel between drivers side front and back doors..in the middle. Its after the fuel filter. Seems like the new fuel pump i installed blew the corroded lines. FML!!! How hard is this to repair?? Reponses so far on this site seem . Is this site dead???
Old November 6th, 2017

C&C is on a distinguished road
Not dead yet but you've got to realize that our Oldsmobiles are getting a little long in the tooth and numbers are dwindling. Still love my Bravada though.

I'm guessing that if you don't want to change out your metal fuel line you could replace it with rubber hose (but that it would have to be fuel injection rated for burst strength).
Old November 10th, 2017

Thank you for the response. I love my bravada as well, very easy to work on. I replaced the fuel and return lines with an updated version i found on ebay. They are all nylon and their own quick connectors. Comes with new fuel filter with 2 quick disconnects on each side instead of the threaded side. Ripped out old, new went right in, very easy to install with tank dropped. Only $95. Wont have to worry about them again! Runs like a champ. Now to figure out why the smart track stopped engaging???

Last edited by Goodcatch; November 10th, 2017 at 04:46 AM.