oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > Oldsmobile Appearance and Detailing

Oldsmobile Appearance and Detailing Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile appearance and detailing based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Anybody have their windows tinted?

Old April 8th, 2004

Rambo
Quote:
Originally posted by bpage020602@Apr 8 2004, 08:51 PM
My intrigue has 5% all the way. And i love it!
Do you have any pics? I don't think I've ever seen a car that had 5% all the way around. How do you like it? Does it make it hard to see out of at night?

-Kevin

Old April 8th, 2004
Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR

Sal Collaziano has disabled reputation
I've had 5% all around before. NOBODY sees in for ANYTHING! I love it! It was like being in my own private room while on the road.. It's a little hard to see out when going in reverse at night, though..Try parallel parking in the evening.. :P

As for the 35%/20% on the same car, it doesn't look that bad..

Get your next car or truck for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!
Old April 9th, 2004

RoraStar96
Quote:
Originally posted by Rambo@Apr 8 2004, 05:20 PM
I got 6 of my friends interested in getting their windows tinted also. We're all gonna go to the shop tomorrow to see if we can get a group discount.

RoraStar: Was the difference between the 20 and 35 a drastic change? I realize that it would look tacky to have two different shades on this type of car, but i just don't think it would go over well with the LEO's. If it's not a huge ugly difference then I am all over it.

-Kevin
Sal is bang on, in pics its hard to tell but in person its not so bad. I had to go with 35% fronts because I was told that is the legal limit in Ont, but I wanted something darker in the back.

5% is to much IMO.. :huh:

35% all around, will give a decent look, darker for sure, and yet still be able to show off that pretty interior of ours
Old April 9th, 2004

Rambo
Quote:
Originally posted by RoraStar96+Apr 9 2004, 12:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoraStar96 @ Apr 9 2004, 12:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rambo@Apr 8 2004, 05:20 PM
I got 6 of my friends interested in getting their windows tinted also. We're all gonna go to the shop tomorrow to see if we can get a group discount.

RoraStar: Was the difference between the 20 and 35 a drastic change? I realize that it would look tacky to have two different shades on this type of car, but i just don't think it would go over well with the LEO's. If it's not a huge ugly difference then I am all over it.

-Kevin
Sal is bang on, in pics its hard to tell but in person its not so bad. I had to go with 35% fronts because I was told that is the legal limit in Ont, but I wanted something darker in the back.

5% is to much IMO.. :huh:

35% all around, will give a decent look, darker for sure, and yet still be able to show off that pretty interior of ours [/b][/quote]
But is 35% even enough to justify spending the money to get them tinted? If I get them tinted I want it done right, ya know? I really like the look of 20%. But I know the LEO's won't go for that in the front two windows . Maybe I'll see if the shop has an example of a car that has what I'm looking for.

-Kevin
Old April 9th, 2004

RoraStar96
I guess I just have to go do it and put yer fears to bed...(like I should be now..sheesh)

Maybe check out Cardomian, in the Aurora section and see if they have any tinted Auroras....35%, that may help you!
Old April 9th, 2004

Rambo
Quote:
Originally posted by RoraStar96@Apr 9 2004, 02:10 AM
I guess I just have to go do it and put yer fears to bed...(like I should be now..sheesh)

Maybe check out Cardomian, in the Aurora section and see if they have any tinted Auroras....35%, that may help you!
LOL, when do you planning on getting your all around 35%?

-Kevin
Old April 9th, 2004

RoraStar96
As soon as I deal with my ever mounting mechanical issues

Hopefully early next week I can get the tints on. Unfortunately its no longer a big priority...

I'll post about that later :angry:
Old April 10th, 2004

Rambo
Went to the shop today with a friend. He said he couldn't move anywhere on the prices . I checked another place out and they want $230 for 5 windows. So looks like it's going to cost me $190. Hopefully I can get that taken care of sometime within the next few weeks.

-Kevin
Old April 10th, 2004

RoraStar96
Not a bad deal at all really...you should go for it.
Old April 10th, 2004

Rambo
Quote:
Originally posted by RoraStar96@Apr 10 2004, 04:20 PM
Not a bad deal at all really...you should go for it.
I really want to! A friend of mine referred me to a friend of his dad's. This guy does window tinting, I'm guessing out of his own garage. We're planning on going to check out the quality of his work sometime next week. He quoted my friend $40 for both front windows in his Dodge Ram, so his prices are definately much better. Hopefully he knows what he's doing.

The stereo shop that quoted me $230 for my Aurora also quoted on of my friend's $180.....for his Honda Civic Del Sol. The car only has 3 very small windows, and they wanted $60 for each one! That place was a little rediculous.

-Kevin