oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Most Recent Oldsmobile Models > Oldsmobile Intrigue

Oldsmobile Intrigue Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile Intrigue based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: 2002 keyless entry remote

Old March 6th, 2010

2002intrigue is on a distinguished road
2002 keyless entry remote

I purchased a 2002 Intrigue today. The remote doesn't work. I replaced the battery already. I'm assuming it needs to be re-programmed. Does anyone have any information for this?

Old March 6th, 2010

justtrying is on a distinguished road
From a real-deal 2001 Intrigue Service manual it says, after a battery is replaced: To resynchronize the transmitter with the RCDLR stand within 5 ft. of the vehicle. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds.
The horn will chirp three times in order to confirm synchronization.
Maybe this will do it.
Old March 7th, 2010

I gave that a try. No dice!
Old March 8th, 2010

Somebody had to of bought a new key fob with instructions on how to program it. Please, save me a trip to the dealer. Pass some info along before my wife messes up the paint using the key to lock and unlock the door.
Old March 8th, 2010

egak20 is on a distinguished road
that is the only thing to try without having a Tech 2 to program it. press unlock and lock for 7 sec or something like that, if no dice then only other option that i know of is to use the tech 2..
Old March 8th, 2010

egak20 is on a distinguished road
and also, it may not be the battery...the terminals inside the remote may be dirty and possibly worn out beyond repair and may require getting a new one. My remote wasnt working for a while, i took it apart, cleaned the contacts and it worked for a little while but the contacts are just worn out and needs to be replaced.
Old September 25th, 2018

MyBravada02 is on a distinguished road
proghram your remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002intrigue View Post
I purchased a 2002 Intrigue today. The remote doesn't work. I replaced the battery already. I'm assuming it needs to be re-programmed. Does anyone have any information for this?
theres a couple of youtube videos online will help.
Old September 25th, 2018

01OldsIntrigueOwner is on a distinguished road
Go into the car, press and hold the unlock button on the car door (driver side), insert the key, remove it (repeat once again), insert the key, release the door lock button (on the door). The car will chime 3 times signaling an activation of the remote programming, press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote entry for 5-10 seconds (if the car chimes, it's good to go), remove the key, and lock the doors. Test the remote and see what happens.