oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > General Oldsmobile Non-Model Specific Discussion

General Oldsmobile Non-Model Specific Discussion Section for discussions regarding "Oldsmobile" in general. Not for model-specific discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: What model Oldsmobile do you own?

Old August 27th, 2011

CoventryCat86 is on a distinguished road
1996 98 Regency Elite. I bought it on August 3rd of this year to replace my 1994 98 Regency that had too much rot to continue to drive. I still have the '94 for parts. The engine is different as is the interior pattern but everything else is pretty much the same. It's a one owner car, the original owner bought it in Florida (Vero Beach) and moved back to New Jersey in 2006 so the car spent most of it's time down south and has no rust. It was hit in the driver's door which has been replaced and a few body panels have been painted. The former owner turned 79 years old this year and donated it to charity in June. The dealership I bought it from donates a portion of the proceeds from their sales to cancer charities. I wouldn't call it a "show car" but it's in extremely good condition for it's age. I found it on AutoTrader.com. Here's a link to the listing that the dealer still has active:
1996 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite
Here's a photo I took today, sorry for the not so good quality, I think the camera lens got foggy because the humidity here is near 100% with the hurricane coming.

Last edited by CoventryCat86; August 27th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Old August 27th, 2011

CoventryCat86 is on a distinguished road
I found a picture of the 1994:

Looks are deceiving, when you open the rear doors, the dogs legs are all rotted. The final blow was when the body mounts rotted where the sub-frame is bolted to the body. It runs great but has lots of little problems, the electric door locks never worked right, the gas door opens only about 40% of the time, the A/C blows hot air on the passenger no matter what.
Old September 24th, 2011

pogster is on a distinguished road

About 58000 miles:

Last edited by pogster; September 24th, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old October 31st, 2011

F-85Kid is on a distinguished road
As of next year ill be driving my 1963 Olds F-85 Station wagon after I do an engine swap
Old November 1st, 2011

evamarie7 is on a distinguished road
hi all , i drive a 1984 regency 98, which i got for a steal, paid 500 for it and appraised for 5000, and i only had to put exhaust on it, i also have a 1986 cutlass supreme, which is currently tore apart, gettin ready to rebuild it this winter, and i am sad to say that the regency is my winter car, my hubby is a ford man and boy, was it hard to get the olds in the yard lol, anyway have a great day all, nice to see olds still lives !!!!

p.s. i will definitely post pics of both
Old November 26th, 2011

JoeFair1977 is on a distinguished road
My last Olds was a '97 CS sedan. I miss it. Had 186,000 miles on it when I had to scrap it a few years ago. I miss 315HP, 101mph trap speeds, and 166mph top speeds...
Old November 26th, 2011

JoeFair1977 is on a distinguished road
@EVAMARIE7...sounds like you need a new husband! LOL
Old November 30th, 2011

evamarie7 is on a distinguished road
nah, he is ok, i think he is warming up to the olds way of life, lol
Old December 21st, 2011

crash55 is on a distinguished road
I have a 1990 olds cierra (bought in 2003), 2001 intrigue( bought this september).both are pretty good shape pictures in the spring
Old December 28th, 2011

cc6569 is on a distinguished road
Last year I got the bug to own an Olds once again. I have had many.
'62 98 convertible, '67 Cutlass Supreme, '75 Cutlass Supreme, '84 Cutlass Ciera, 84 Cutlass Calais

Now several years later I found a '87 442 barn find with only 450 miles on the odometer. It is loaded with just about every option. 31 Dark Teal Blue Metallic with blue interior. It has a moon roof which I have not seen on many of these cars, most being T tops. Car now has about 1400 miles on it after driving it home from purchase and taking it to local car shows.
Thanks, Fred

http://www.illinoiscamaroclub.com/me...born_Olds1.jpg

http://www.illinoiscamaroclub.com/me...born_Olds2.jpg

http://www.illinoiscamaroclub.com/me...born_Olds3.jpg