oldsmobile forums   oldsmobile forums

Go Back   Oldsmobile Forums > Oldsmobile Etcetera > Oldsmobile Appearance and Detailing

Notices

Oldsmobile Appearance and Detailing Forum specifically intended for Oldsmobile appearance and detailing based discussions.

Oldsmobile Forum: Don't be afraid to ask..........

Old October 27th, 2005

turbomangt is on a distinguished road
Don't be afraid to ask..........

I came on board here not just to sell my products but to help out in regard to car care. Since I teach auto detailing at High Schools and Colleges, I keep up with the latest technology used in modern day car care. Donít be shy, I can see the membership is kind of small here, but that sometimes makes for a great group discussion. Heck, you can even get one on one attention. Many of the cars I have detailed have been featured in magazines and my client base is extremely loyal. No question is too dumb to ask. Gary
www.perfectautofinish.com

Old October 27th, 2005

double0alero is an unknown quantity at this point
what would you recommend as the best "everyday" wax? I usually wax my car every few weeks to keep those little hairline scratches away. I use techwax and it works alright. What is best?
Old October 28th, 2005

delta8884 is an unknown quantity at this point
what can be used to bring life back to the plastic molding on my other cars ,i use black magic now ,but this looks good for a few day's,the plastic is light gray

thanks for any help
Old October 28th, 2005

First question, which wax is best?
First thing to understand is that wax is a natural by-product that comes from trees. The modern Synthetic polymers are much easier to use and more durable. This is all I use in my shop, since wax only will last 30 days on a driver car. When you consider how much companies are charging for wax (p21s $23/soviern $59/zymol estate glazes $75-$1200) why spend that much $$$ for liminted protection? MY paint sealant which is 10 bucks is priced much less than most wax, and it a much superior product. Car dealers in my area typically charge anywhere from $600-$900 for one application of paint sealant. Guess what? you can do it for 10 bucks yourself, this is why I teach detailing, most people are not aware sealants are price so low. In guru wax report that grades car finishes here is what they said and I quote "The synthetics ruled this test, especially in the durability department". I will add this, once you try my sealant you won't go back to wax. If you want to apply something more often , use poly seal.

question 2. what can bring new life back to plastic, first we have to understand the difference between "molded" plastic/ finished plastic
Finished plastic which has a clear coat on it, you can use whatever you use on your finish. Molded plastic, you should use a water based dressing. I sell one my web site , it has NO solvents in it like that sticky messy armol -all. When you talk about black magic, I think that product for is use on rubber. Does it have like a shoe polish applicator on it? if so that means it's definatley for rubber. It actually dyes the rubber back to black, It won't work on plastic, because it is not pourous. Gary
Old October 29th, 2005

Hammer
Another question.

It looks like its going to be very cold, wet and horrible winter here in England this year (dont laugh its not always horrible here... honest) and im wondering what i should use to protect the vinyl landau roof on my Delta 88?

im thinking it needs to be kept in good condition to stop it from splitting from the cold and ice.

Thank You
Old October 29th, 2005

double0alero is an unknown quantity at this point
quick answer...a garage...LOL. there should be a vinyl protectant for the weather...
Old October 29th, 2005

Nice to see some sense of humor here. If you look on my web site, read up on my Ultimate Dressing. It will not only protect your top from harsh weather, but it will make it look like new. It is water based. (No solvents) so its user friendly. Simply spray some on a applicator pad, and work product into the top. YOu will see it soak in, continue till the top is done. wait a few minutes and take a soft towel and buff dry. Your car will be very happy! Gary www.perfectautofinish.com
Old October 30th, 2005

Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by double0alero
quick answer...a garage...LOL. there should be a vinyl protectant for the weather...
Haha very good a better solution would be emigration

Thanks Turbomangt, i will have a look for a similar product here in the UK, but if i dont find any do you ship internationally?

Cheers guys
Old October 31st, 2005

Yes, I ship all over the world, we would have to make other arrangements for ordering, one of the things I do for poeple over seas is I ship the order first, then I will know what shipping charges are, then give you total. Let me know, but here is a warning, get ready to be impressed. (while you save money) Gary
Old April 8th, 2011

dwydra1 is on a distinguished road
Black Top?

I just recently bought a 93 Olds Cutlass Convertible and the people around here don't know how to put it on. I am wondering could I do it myself? Is there a place out there in internet world that could show me how? I've had to put almost 800 into it for parts alone and I am just fed up with spending anymore and if its not hard I want to try and do it myself!!